Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

4 speed console plate measurement help 66 fairlane

January 8 2018 at 4:03 PM
A70  (Login a70elliminator)
Members

Can anyone be so kind as to get me a measurement of the shifter hole size dimentions.
I have an automatic plate, going to attempt to modify it by cutting it all the way around leaving a ledge to lay my new fabricated plate to attach to, all I need is the hole opening dimention and distance from front edge, much appreciated thanks.

This message has been edited by a70elliminator on Jan 8, 2018 5:43 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Homers65
(Login farmallmta)
Members

Does make/model/year matter?

January 8 2018, 4:58 PM 

I have a '65 full-size car top plate I can photograph and take measurements for you if that applies. It would be tomorrow.

Respond to this message   
A70
(Login a70elliminator)
Members

66 67 fairlane

January 8 2018, 5:42 PM 

I forgot to say it's a fairlane 66 67 details details lol.
Yes this is unique to 66 67 4 speed.

This message has been edited by a70elliminator on Jan 8, 2018 7:08 PM

Respond to this message   
Gerry
(Login gerryproctor)
Members

Here you go as measured by tape measure.

January 9 2018, 8:12 AM 

From the front lip of the console plate to the inner lip of the shifter opening: 1 7/8". The shifter hole front to back, inside of the opening lip (not outer rim): 5 3/8". Side to side, again, from opening to opening: 3". The aperture tapers down from the opening and the front to back, by eyeballing it, is about 4.5" and side to side about 2.5"

Respond to this message   
A70
(Login a70elliminator)
Members

Thanks just one more please

January 9 2018, 11:53 AM 

Thanks that's what I needed, if you could just one more thing, the distance from passenger edge of plate to shifter hole opening. In photos it appears the hole may be on a slight angle or its just the plate is not square to the hole.

Respond to this message   
Gerry
(Login gerryproctor)
Members

It's not angled.

January 9 2018, 12:27 PM 

The distance from the passenger side outside lip on the plate to the inside lip of the shifter aperture is exactly One inch on the front end and the back end. The reason it looks angled is on the driver side the plate gets deeper from back to front. Viewed directly from the top, this optical illusion is not present.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index