Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

T&D paired rockers, is the base plate the only difference?

January 8 2018 at 5:34 PM

Larry Hampton  (Login 1320lane)
Members

Right now I'm guessing I'll end up with Pro-Ports for the HR TW. What other heads will the ones for the PPs work with? Will T&D sell just the bases?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: T&D paired rockers, is the base plate the only difference?

January 8 2018, 7:29 PM 

The T&D's for a High Riser are quite different than for other heads. I have the ones for Blue Thunder heads and that is all they will fit. If that tunnel wedge is for HR heads the top of the port is higher than where a MR/MR/CJ/etc rocker pedestal sits. I'm not sure what Blair does to adapt that

Respond to this message   

Larry Hampton
(Login 1320lane)
Members

But the Pro Ports are based on the MR head no?

January 9 2018, 11:40 AM 

Yes, its a HR TW. I understand Blair and others can make the Pro Port fit a HR manifold.

I'm not fabulously wealthy and I am married with kids (only one left at home and one in college, the oldest is out
and has a job supporting herself). I've been collecting parts over the past 10 years.
Ideally I'd love to buy a pair of loaded heads but that's just too big of a chunk of change to swallow at one time.

A pair of bare heads is about the same price as the rockers. I know I'll run T&D's but I'm not sure what heads,
as of right now, the Pro Ports get the nob because they're available. Dove has shut down and no telling when BT
will run a set, although it sounds like Barry has him getting tooled up. My thinking was, I may come across something
heads-wise in the future and I'm just trying to figure out the next part to get.

Respond to this message   

Blair Patrick
(Login CaptCobrajet)
Members

I keep a few subplates on the shelf.........

January 8 2018, 9:55 PM 

I generally supply the T&D set-up and I modify the subplates that are included in the set. Once I machine the plates, they are married to the head I put them on. If you wanted to use the set-up on something else later, you would only need to buy a new pair of subplates.
Blair Patrick

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index