Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Single Plane

January 9 2018 at 8:29 AM
Troy T  (Login mudrunner)
Members

Thinking about sourcing a single plane intake for my propane turbo project. Thinking the Edelbrock Streetmaster? Any opinions on this vs. any other. Am I wasting my time and money? Probably never see over 5000 rpm.
Not looking for a big numbers or anything just thinking a single plane would provide better fuel/air distribution in my application. Honestly I had just planned on retaining the the cast S intake as its not a big deal to me to have "aftermarket coolness", but since I'll have it tore down thought now would be the time to swap.

BTW I do have Jay's book just not sure where I put it lol.

Edit: Using D2 heads.

This message has been edited by mudrunner on Jan 9, 2018 9:05 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
EricD
(Login EricDonaldson)
Members

I put a Streetmaster on my wheezy 352 mainly because I can lift it...

January 9 2018, 9:00 AM 

I was a little leery about using a single-plane because of the age-old prediction of a loss of low-end power. The engine didn't lose any low-end with the swap, gained some in the mid-range (the AFB probably helped), and didn't really have a top-end to start with...

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Re: I put a Streetmaster on my wheezy 352 mainly because I can lift it...

January 9 2018, 10:25 AM 

That is what I put on my 416,loos great and has plenty of response.Have had bad luck with the Mallory unilite when trying to get to the muffler shop so will let all know how well it runs when I finally get to drive it.it is a little wet out here right now and will be about a month before I cane replace the cost of two tow bills and get the exhaust put on.The thing is,it really sounds like it will be a fun car to drive.
I would get one if you can.

Respond to this message   
Chris McAlpine
(Login chris401)
Members

Offenhauser

January 9 2018, 2:04 PM 

The Port-O-Sonic is a solid casting compared to the Street Master. If your supporting your turbo at the carb pad the Offey would stouter but the Street Master would probably perform better. Have any picrures? Curious how your set up has worked out.

Respond to this message   
Troy T
(Login mudrunner)
Members

Re: Offenhauser

January 10 2018, 7:45 AM 

Not much is being asked of the intake as far as support so I'm not to concerned about that. I have posted a few photos on one the FE facebook pages, Ive never tried posting any on this page. Might when I have a decent collection of photos.

Respond to this message   
Mikee
(Login mikeelikee)
Members

Propane Build Details?

January 9 2018, 2:28 PM 

Do you have page listing the details of your Propane(C3) build? I am highly interested in such a build for my old junk and would love to share info.

Respond to this message   
Terry
(Login trevorldean)
Members

Propane Tanks?

January 9 2018, 2:54 PM 

Will you mount a couple of those 20-pound barbecue grill tanks in your trunk?

Respond to this message   
Troy T
(Login mudrunner)
Members

Re: Propane Build Details?

January 10 2018, 7:40 AM 

No page sorry the build list is in my head. Nothing special in anyway, any questions just ask. Unfortunately its has to come out due to rod bearing.

I will be using a "motorfuel" tank which is heavier and certified for road use, same as what ever RV has under them even tho this tank was made in 1959! Its in great shape, I really lucked out there as it fits in the truck bed like it was made specifically for it. It holds about 30 some usable gallons. I had another larger tank I planned on using but it was rusty, I'm bummed about the lost capacity but the other tank fit so well and the fill location and valves are more user friendly. A friend gave it to me years ago I never even considered using it, It was built funny I thought it was an upright style until I was forced to take a second look and a giant light bulb went off in my head! Only issue I had was sourcing a new fuel level gauge, somehow I got lucky and Squibb-Taylor custom made me one for 80 bucks!
BBQ tanks are a vapor withdrawal only, in this system propane is supplied as a liquid up to the vaporizer/convertor then it converts to vapor with aid of engine coolant to keep from freezing solid. To supply that much fuel as a vapor I would need a 500gal tank.

I just recently got the tank mounted so I haven't purged and filled it yet so I use forklift tanks.

This message has been edited by mudrunner on Jan 10, 2018 8:05 AM

Respond to this message   
Mikee
(Login mikeelikee)
Members

What Carburetor/Mixer Combo?

January 11 2018, 7:06 AM 

Also what turbo are utilizing?

Respond to this message   
Troy T
(Login mudrunner)
Members

Re: What Carburetor/Mixer Combo?

January 11 2018, 2:17 PM 

Impco 425 mixer, model E convertor with some tweaks. Twin T04 60 trim chargers

Respond to this message   
Brian
(Login BrianJaspercoia)
Members

I have a nice Streetmaster

January 10 2018, 7:39 AM 

I have a nice Streetmaster I'm not going to use. Let me know if interested

Respond to this message   
Troy T
(Login mudrunner)
Members

Re: I have a nice Streetmaster

January 10 2018, 8:09 AM 

Brian, yes I am interested. And I don't think we live that far from each other which would be awesome. Shoot me an email t_tr z pu c @hotmail . com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index