Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

responce time ?? Forum issues ??

January 12 2018 at 10:59 AM

john vermeersch  (Select Login johnvermeersch501)
Members

Are others still having problems ??? SLOW ??? I just plugged into 220v single phase...IT was REAL fast for a few seconds, but then back to SLOW

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill Ballinger
(Login 65billgal)
Members

It is shamefully slow, I wish we knew what is going on. nm

January 12 2018, 11:09 AM 

Respond to this message   

Doug Bender
(Login fairlaniac)
Members

I'm sure for a few bucks per month, Network54 will find a solution.......n/m

January 12 2018, 11:41 AM 

n/m
[linked image]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FE Race & Reunion at Beaver Springs Dragway
http://www.fairlanet.com
[linked image]
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 390/4-Spd
Fairlane Club of America - President

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

We are witnessing

January 12 2018, 11:48 AM 

what appears to be the disintegration of the Network 54 site. Here is the N54 support forum: http://www.network54.com/f/44985 . Reading some posts it appears that Tapatalk merged with N54 last August, and is deliberately allowing it to die. It appears as if there are no support employees left at N54, and nobody there to fix problems.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this place is doomed. Without our absentee forum owner to clue us in, who knows. If Anthony sees this, I suggest he either backs up this forum in preparation to move it to another site or turns the domain over to someone else to continue things. Someone mentioned he thought the domain was for sale. If so, we have established intent by Anthony and something needs to be done. Too much info here to be lost.
====

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

State of Flux

January 12 2018, 12:04 PM 

Watching things now. Momentary speed bursts, turbo-charged search function, new search bar at bottom of window, slow down again, still no rendering of upper-left graphic. Back and forth. Could be in the middle of a revised upgrade? I hope so.

So let's do this. If everything comes back to speed as good or better than previously, then I take full credit and resulting praise from all of you (read: each one of you owes me a cheeseburger) as Tapatalk certainly feared for their lives from an email from FELONY. If the whole mess implodes any way, then I blame the Russians and/or the Amish, and none of you ever saw me posting here today.

edit for spelling, as two-letter words are evidently beyond my capabilities.
====

This message has been edited by FelonyFord on Jan 12, 2018 12:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Gary B
(Login Garyford)
Members

On again/ off again, thanks for the insight Felony. How about if you could

January 12 2018, 1:18 PM 

recommend another host for Anthony to transfer over to, and we take a collection to keep this place alive on our new planet?

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

The way I see it,

January 12 2018, 4:42 PM 

another hosting site isn't so much a problem as whether the archaic posting format that has been used here for years can actually work elsewhere. I'm guessing it can't. At best, perhaps, it could be made into a searchable database with new posts using more current software. Understand that I am not an expert by far, and I've forgotten much of this kind of thing over recent years from lack of interest. Maybe somebody else has more information.

The fact that "feforum.com" still directs to this N54 page tells me that domain name has not expired. Also, since it does cost money to have N54 host a group, it would seem that Anthony is keeping up the payments. A quick whois I ran earlier showed the name good until 2020. Not sure if accurate. If Anthony has not kept a backup of this forum, then an N54 shutdown will lose it all. If Tapatalk decides that outdated discussion formats are a no-go, then same result.

Lots of possibilities here. If this forum has to go elsewhere, people will need to adapt to the newer phpBB posting software. At that point, it would make more sense to look at Jay's forum. I suggest seeing what develops over the next few days.
====

Respond to this message   

John
(Login john67427)
Members

Site function or lack of....

January 12 2018, 4:13 PM 

Tonight is the first time in days it seems to work with some normal speed. About a week ago I noticed that the search function actually worked then the site went to crap. I hope it can be saved but if not maybe plan B whatever that could be. Maybe Jay’s site if we need to meet somewhere else????

Respond to this message   

DaleP
(Login Posi-67)
Members

Yes--- it's SLOW but if people would just

January 12 2018, 4:16 PM 

wait a minute after hitting the respond button so their post can load there wouldn't be all these double, triple or quadruple posts. If your post doesn't come up right away and you hit respond again then it will post twice.

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Right

January 12 2018, 4:46 PM 

Once your machine pings The N54 server with a post, it will get published. Eventually.
====

Respond to this message   
Jack Tindle
(Login JacksFordParts)
Members

I'm down to throw in. I really treasure this place and all its knowledge. N/M

January 12 2018, 5:25 PM 

Respond to this message   
Kevin
(Login pkevins)
Members

+1 ... me too

January 13 2018, 8:17 AM 

Although I'm not currently (re)building one, I get a lot of insights here for my Fords, even though just one is FE-equipped.
Late '63 Galaxie 500 Fastback - 390 Thunderbird Special V8/4 speed

'66 Mustang Coupe, c-code daily driver

Respond to this message   
EricD
(Login EricDonaldson)
Members

The Ford Transmission Forum, also on Network 54, was OK last week

January 12 2018, 6:48 PM 

when this forum was acting very badly.

Years ago we were asked for money and many of us sent some. Something changed.

Respond to this message   
Leland
(Login lhstanford)
Members

mine is as normal (pretty fast) again. I seem to recall Bob Sprowl took over

January 12 2018, 7:33 PM 

Last year/ several months ago? I remember talk of Anthony searching for a moderator . I thought Bob took it over temporarily just to ensure the site would continue to exist. Maybe my recollection is not correct? I know I wouldn't be the only one to remember this? Help! But my 'search' is still screwy.

Respond to this message   

DaleP
(Login Posi-67)
Members

That would be news to me and likely Bob as well...

January 12 2018, 8:48 PM 

Bob was a Moderator several years back but as far as I know the job has been vacant since then. If he actually is a Mod again I'd like to complain about all the posts that should be deleted due to posting errors.

Respond to this message   

Bob Sprowl
(Login bsprowl)
Admin

My status

January 13 2018, 7:57 AM 

I took over the Facebook group, Ford FE Bog Block, when the owner moved on to other things sometime ago.

I placed my wife in an Alzheimer's nursing home yesterday so I will have more time for that Group and this forum.

I am NOT a moderator here and have no administrator powers here.

As far as I know only Anthony make changes here.

Bob
1966 7 Litre Convertible
1959 F-100 (under construction)
2005 GT40 (in my Dreams)

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Bob, can you get a hold

January 13 2018, 9:47 AM 

of Anthony and ask him to weigh in here?
====

Respond to this message   
Leland
(Login lhstanford)
Members

Sorry Bob about my confusion with this matter

January 13 2018, 11:55 AM 

Sorry too to hear about your wife's condition. Life can be Hell sometimes. Thanks, Leland

Respond to this message   

6667fan
(Login 6667fan)
Members

Sorry to hear of that decision Bob

January 13 2018, 9:01 PM 

That had to be difficult. Best wishes for you both. JB
Every second counts

Respond to this message   

Bob Sprowl
(Login bsprowl)
Admin

I did. I've been made a Moderator.

January 14 2018, 10:10 AM 

We're looking at options to resolve the long term problems.
1966 7 Litre Convertible
1959 F-100 (under construction)
2005 GT40 (in my Dreams)

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index