Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hurst shifter ??

February 8 2018 at 3:50 PM

Bobby Spears  (Login x4rdtech)
Members

I got a super shifter today from a member.I have looked at all on the web etc.The one I got today,had the 3rd gear lever on the shifter longer and straight down.Will it work or will it cause the trans cross member to inter fear with the rod? I thought it had to point forward like a reverse L,not straight down like on a Galaxie.I will not have time to see until Saturday due to putting the front of the engine back together.Should have it running tomorrow. I now have a extra Carter fuel pump being I ordered it before I found out why mine didn't work.Yes guys I used red loctite on the cam bolt and got a nice used oem type eccentric for it. The two piece one will be in the parts shelf along with other parts I may never use.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login a70elliminator)
Members

Re: Hurst shifter ??

February 8 2018, 5:26 PM 

My fairlane hurst shifter has the straight down levers and no clearance problems at all.
FYI that two piece eccentric makes a nice rear cam plug installation tool.

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Thanks and glad to hear that

February 8 2018, 5:44 PM 

I hope I never have to use the two piece eccentric the way you said it would be good for,lol.
So now when the steel bushings and spring clips for the shifter gets here I will take it apart as much as I can the clean it and lube it.It has the short handle and I am looking for a longer one,it is the super shifter so it is easy to change them, just two bolts.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index