Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OT> B.C. guys are getting creative

February 9 2018 at 10:49 AM
Gary B  (Login Garyford)
Members

I will be disappointed if the guy doing this was not a forum member or close friend of them.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/port-mann-traffic-cops-nab-dummy-in-hov-lane

"That’s when police noticed the man’s girlfriend looking a little stiff and glassy-eyed in the passenger seat. The man was driving with a mannequin, a trick used by some drivers to cheat and drive in the HOV lane."

This message has been edited by Garyford on Feb 9, 2018 2:42 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Re: OT> B.C. guys are getting creative

February 9 2018, 5:12 PM 

Must be what his dream girl would look like.

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

the right to remain silent

February 9 2018, 9:21 PM 

The article didn't have a picture so one wonders if it was a Sears store mannequin or perhaps from a seedier store with papered over windows.

Was it the same quy with the retractable license plate they caught on the toll bridge?

Respond to this message   
Larry H
(Login 54skyliner)
Members

The right to remain silent

February 9 2018, 10:10 PM 

There is a picture in the article, but I'm not sure why that article is news. The drivers in the Seattle area have been trying to get away with using those "props" for about 20 years.

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: The right to remain silent

February 9 2018, 11:14 PM 

Ha, yes, I see now. I didn't get anything but blanks with an X when I first clicked and the same article in the paper had no pix.
She looks like a tossup between the Sears version and the love store ones. I am sure the cops performed a strip search to check for contraband.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login unltd67)
Members

I,m from Nanaimo

February 9 2018, 9:32 PM 

I can only imagine what the mannequin is undergoing at the hands of those nasty coppers,,poor thing

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login unltd67)
Members

I,m from b.c.

February 9 2018, 9:34 PM 

I worry about what the mannequin is undergoing at the hands of the cops,,,

Respond to this message   
MeanGene
(Login 2many427s)
Members

A couple guys

February 10 2018, 4:50 AM 

I worked around a couple brothers a while back who managed/ maintained a govt shooting range, very nice, 6 different ranges, M16, pistol, shotgun, grenade etc. So they have these life- sized 3D metal silhouette figurine targets, nicely painted wth faces etc. So they took a couple "retired" targets, cut them off at the waist so they would fit in the passenger seat, and were pretty proud of having gotten away with it for a long time. So one day the younger brother is cruising in the HOV lane, and a CHP passed him in the #1 lane, then suddenly slowed and threw on the lights- seems the Chippie noticed the rusty bullet holes in it's face...
Got the big ticket, then worse, they notified the govt agency he worked for, and they were NOT amused- almost lost his job, and did get a bit of time off with no pay
alt="[linked image]">[linked image]giphy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index