Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Forum Relocation

February 13 2018 at 6:51 AM

Bob Sprowl  (Login bsprowl)
Admin

Spoke with Anthony last night. He's been making a lot of headway on the new site.

He said I could post the link. Please let us know what your think. Do remember we first want to get the new site working properly before we make any changes.

His message to me:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fordfe/index.php

Feel free to poke around.
UNQUOTE

No password is required to visit. You will need to login to post. BUT any post there will be lost when we formally start using the new forum.

Please continue to use this site for real world questions, etc., so your posts won't be dropped.

Bob Sprowl
1966 7 Litre Convertible
1959 F-100 (under construction)
2005 GT40 (in my Dreams)

This message has been edited by bsprowl on Feb 13, 2018 7:10 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login HTM101)
Members

Re: Forum Relocation

February 13 2018, 7:29 AM 

I visited the site, and in less than 30 seconds decided I like it, more than the existing site. Appears to be a fine arrangement.

Respond to this message   

John
(Login john67427)
Members

New Site

February 13 2018, 7:49 AM 

I'm a creature of habit... Once I get accustomed to the look and function should not be a problem as long as it works properly. I applaud Anthony for doing the tests before the switch. I worked for a company that the IT dept sometimes would make changes, not tell anyone and shut the whole place down. It's like getting a new car and trying to figure where the wiper and heater switch is the first few times. Your brain keeps going to the old spot for a while, in a week it's fine. New site works for me

Respond to this message   
Terry Dean
(Login trevorldean)
Members

Opinion

February 13 2018, 7:51 AM 

Unfortunately, I'll probably be in the minority, but after visiting the new site I decided I prefer the current one. My one complaint about our current forum in the inability of many of us to no longer be able to post an occasional photo, although that's no biggie.

I see there are adverts on this new site. Will that be something permanent? One of the ones there now is sorta funny..."Go Ask A Mechanic". Good luck with that one; unless the questions ask are answered by one of our FE Forum members! And before anyone asks; yes, I do contribute funds occasionally when we're notified the forum is in need.

On the positive side, I commend anyone involved in making an FE forum available, and for the ongoing maintenance they perform to maintain it.

Respond to this message   
Stangman
(Login 4828Stangman)
Members

Creature of habit

February 13 2018, 8:27 AM 

I guess after a while the new site will grow on me, sought of like when the new Mustang changed to this new style,didn’t like it at first. So I’m with Terry at the moment.

This message has been edited by 4828Stangman on Feb 13, 2018 8:28 AM

Respond to this message   
Ray Hillebrand
(Login Rhillebrand)
Members

Change

February 16 2018, 4:18 PM 

Sometimes change is good. I realize that the change we've seen in the last 8 years or so my be debatable we need to give this a chance. If Tapatalk purchased Network 54 then there's nothing Anthony or anyone can do about it. This forum was like the FE. it's a dinosaur and needs some updating. After all, aren't we fuel injecting and installing turbos to the FE's? All in the name of improvements?

Let's give it a chance. While I haven't posted much the last few years I still lurk. I'm sure Anthony is in the same situation as most here, he may not like it but technology is passing all of us and we have to keep up.

Anthony, keep up the good work. I run a couple of forums and websites for a couple of organizations and I understand your dilemma.

Respond to this message   

Bill
(Login hvywrench)
Members

Blocked access at work for me.

February 13 2018, 9:04 AM 

The new site is blocked by the safeguards put in place by my employer.
I realize this is probably not an issue for most anyone else, just letting you know.
The security programs here do not allow access to anything labeled as "Social networking" and such.
Just my experience from my work computer, I'll check again when I get home.
Bill

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

I will miss the current site/format

February 13 2018, 9:34 AM 

Mainly because I like how things are in general. No matter, I'll be glad to not lose this community & resource even if it has to change to survive.

I didn't see ads or pop-ups on my browser when visiting the beta test site, which is something I really like about this current site. Not interested in what will turn her on or make me feel 22 again or whatever. I am reluctant to click on things like postimage links because there's so much garbage framing every screen.

Not sure if I missed it or not- will this site's content be archived or accessible in some manner after the transition? It would be a real drag to lose it all.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   

Scott66gta
(Login Scott66gta)
Members

Pictures...

February 13 2018, 9:39 AM 

Does this site allow you to load pictures without going to a 3rd party site? If so, that would be a big plus...

Respond to this message   
Marc H
(Select Login turbohunter)
Members

Couple questions

February 13 2018, 9:45 AM 

If we register on the new site will the adds go away?
If not, if we make a contribution CAN the adds go away?
Can there be a way to pm other members?
Can attaching a picture please be easier for us old farts that are still stuck in the past?

So far I'm in the sorry to see this site go, all it needed was a few tweaks camp. But I'm a creature of habit and will prolly get used to the new one.
Also hoping the info on this site can be archived somehow.
And yes thank you guys for your efforts.
[linked image][linked image]

This message has been edited by turbohunter on Feb 13, 2018 9:46 AM

Respond to this message   
Leland
(Login lhstanford)
Members

also a creature of habit here, but i'll get used to it

February 13 2018, 9:50 AM 

I've enjoyed this site for years.I'd like to thank Anthony for keeping this site alive, and for your assistance Bob. I'll gladly donate. Thanks, Leland

Respond to this message   
Marc H
Members

Answered one question

February 13 2018, 9:58 AM 

I logged in and the adds are no more. Thank you.

This message has been edited by turbohunter on Feb 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

What adds??

February 13 2018, 10:38 AM 

I don't see any adds here,I am a little hard os hearing but didn't know I was blind.

Respond to this message   
Marc H
Members

If you're not logged in they're there. Nm

February 13 2018, 10:53 AM 

Respond to this message   
chillymerc
(Login chillymerc)
Members

Love it

February 13 2018, 10:14 AM 

Huge plus with old topics brought to the top with a current post, will keep more topics consolidated. One little nit is I'd put the Discussion forum at top, then classifieds, then photos as I believe that's the order of traffic they get. Nice work!

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Still within Tapatalk's Umbrella?

February 13 2018, 10:25 AM 

Not giving me warm and fuzzies. Should have looked into the Torino forum's host. Always fast, never breaks.
====

Respond to this message   
R
(Login RainyDaysAndMondays)
Members

It looks just like a Facebook group. So why not just use Facebook?

February 13 2018, 10:47 AM 

I really like the indented structure of this forum that shows replies with their titles and posters. Easier to follow, and ignore, threads.

I got a giant ad for a crate diesel engine when I opened the page. I really really really don't like the ads and advertisers who seem to target perceived 'car guys'. Is this going to start advertising Russian brides like happens on the ClubCobra site? This current site was safe for over-the-shoulder-viewing by others walking by, that one may become something to be furtive and embarrassed by.

Respond to this message   
MeanGene
(Login 2many427s)
Members

FB = too much bs

February 13 2018, 11:12 AM 

Facebook groups tend to attract lots of folks who have no or little connection to the groups' basis, and lots of instant experts and scammers
alt="[linked image]">[linked image]giphy.gif

Respond to this message   
R
(Login RainyDaysAndMondays)
Members

Why again the need to change? "Mobile-1st" is aka "old-guys'-eyes-last

February 13 2018, 11:18 AM 

That platform is squeezed to fit on mobile tiny screen phones. Requesting the desktop view doesn't get you much except tiner type.

Respond to this message   

Falcon67
(Login Falcon67)
Members

Facebook BS - Not true

February 13 2018, 11:23 AM 

Closed Facebook group won't attract anyone not a member. You can't get in or post unless admitted to the group. There is a very successful FE group on Facebook already with 16,000 members. It's well run and no BS is tolerated. Look for "Ford FE Fanatics"

This message has been edited by Falcon67 on Feb 13, 2018 11:27 AM

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index