search_cont_herald_130x46.png
logo_layout_complete_jaw_640x179.pngimage_upload_shift_100x100px.png
welcome_blk.pngessentials_blk.pngfree_blk.pngwatercolor_academy_blk_smooth_2.pngmembers_portfolios_blk.pngthe_watercooler_blk.png

Glenda's "Lake Erie Lily"

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to The Water Cooler  

Members' POOL of KNOWLEDGE ! Creative Watercolor Tips !

July 2 2014 at 6:36 AM
No score for this post

Patrice  (Login Patrice_B)
Just - Add - Water's - The Water Cooler

One of the fundamental purposes of The Water Cooler is to 'Pool' our collective knowledge so that we might help one another.

Please post your own watercolor painting tips here!

thanks_patrice_kat_88x60px.png

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
marylka
(Login marylka)

6 stages of wetness of the paper

No score for this post
July 14 2014, 12:18 AM 

http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/wet1.html
I hope you find this interesting for me it was part of the technique to get the amount of water on the paper for wet in wet, the pigment mix and in the brush it's all connected.

This message has been edited by marylka on Jul 14, 2014 12:32 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
marylka
(Login marylka)

Know your pigments

No score for this post
July 14 2014, 1:01 AM 

Many brands of pigment may have the same name but the pigment can be totaly different, what i do now is look for the pigment number on the tube/color chart Py is for yellow Pr is for red Pb is for blue, followed by numbers ,this will also tell you if it's just the one pigment or another added.
For me the best way I found to get personal with the pigments ,is to draw circles on some watercolor paper for each color and do a brush out, if you pre wet the paper you will see how the pigments flows or not as much and you have a referance you can go back too.

Other benefits is knowing which are warm/ cool/colors eg permanent rose is cool, quiacridone red is warm ,the same goes with the blue and yellow, this is very brief explanation,we can further explore with your questions.the other when pre wetting the paper is to try different amounts of moisture in the circle , soaking wet wet, damp,what results this will achieve,
it will also tell you is the pigment granulating ,opaque not in very light application heavier mix blots out the white of the paper ,transparent can see through to the white paper.
Many other thoughts on the subject, this is just to get started.

Patrice
(Login Patrice_B)

6 Stages of Wet

No score for this post
July 23 2014, 5:40 PM 

Marylka,

Thanks for posting the link to 6 Stages or Degrees of Wetness.

I've read a great deal of information at

http://www.HandPrint.com

but I have not read this before.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to The Water Cooler  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement