search_cont_herald_130x46.png
logo_layout_complete_jaw_640x179.pngimage_upload_shift_100x100px.png
welcome_blk.pngessentials_blk.pngfree_blk.pngwatercolor_academy_blk_smooth_2.pngmembers_portfolios_blk.pngthe_watercooler_blk.png

Glenda's "Lake Erie Lily"

<< Previous TopicReturn to The Water Cooler  
Charlie
(Login Charlie)
Just - Add - Water's - The Water Cooler

For Glenda

No score for this post
September 12 2015, 7:43 AM 

Found that I am totally lost ... saw your beautiful painting Glenda .. and wanted to comment on it .. but find no way to get in there and access the place for comments .. the post here, asking us to intro ourselves was the only place that I could find a "respond to this post" ... in any case, it is most beautiful!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the coming tutorials and looking forward to learning so much here .. and from everyone here. It will certainly make the forthcoming cold winter months so very enjoyable! Hugs...Charlie

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login Patrice_B)

Re: Please Introduce Yourself !

No score for this post
September 13 2015, 5:51 PM 

Charlie,

Glenda's painting is in this thread, albeit on the first page instead of the second. As far as I can tell you have posted in the correct place. There are two Sticky Threads that are locked which means no one can reply to them. Otherwise you and every other member should be able to reply to all threads. If you continue having problems, please post a screen shot so I can see what you see and help you.

Please note that the "Also send responses to my email address" checkbox can be checked, but at least for now, no email will be coming. I've alerted the tech guys at NW54. Hopefully they will make repairs soon.

I asked in another thread, but I'll also ask here, please watch the Video on the sticky thread "How to Upload Images on the Forum" (or something similar) and let me know how you think I can improve it and what needs to be improved.

In that tutorial I demonstrate how to easily return to the forum and know if new messages have been posted while you've been away. Of course, that only works if you re-read your own posts every time you make one, but it is a wonderful feature and probably my favorite thing about Network54.

Good to see you here! I'll email you and Glenda as soon as the test tutorial is ready. Meanwhile, I'm [linked image] as fast as I can!!!

Patrice

Gymcc
(Login Gymccl)

Finished painting

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 9:36 PM 

Dear Patrice,

[linked image]

This has been complete for a long while but have had trouble signing in. I followed your suggestion of warming it up.

Thanks for your help today. I am glad to hear that you are moving forward in going live. Very excited. Hope you are doing well

Glenda

(Login Patrice_B)

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 9:42 PM 

Hi Glenda!

Great to see you made it back here!

Unfortunately your "linked image" is not showing up. It may be that the file name has been rejected by the Upload Software for security reasons. I've made a notation in the Sticky Thread about uploading images... certain characters, empty spaces, the dash symbol and other symbols will be rejected in an effort to keep hackers out. Please do re-name your file and try again.

If you have any further problems with it, do let me know and I'll be more than happy to see if I can figure out what isn't working.

Patrice

Gymcc
(Login Gymccl)

Lake Erie Water Lily

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 10:28 PM 

[linked image]

This has been finished for a long while. I didn't want to bug you about my password problems.

So glad that you are close to going live with your tutorials. Excited.

All the best.

Glenda

Gymcc
(Login Gymccl)

Lake Erie Water Lily

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 10:30 PM 

[linked image]

(Login Patrice_B)

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 10:41 PM 

When I go to the Members' Portfolios page and click on your (new name) images I get a message that the image cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

Now that the name is "image.jpg" I don't know what error it could contain - unless the image size is too large, that is, over 700 pixels wide. Please email me and send the image so I can try to figure out what is going on. So Sorry you're having this problem!!!

Gymcc
(Login Gymccl)

Lake Erie Water Lily

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 10:44 PM 

[linked image]

After this try, I give up for today. Tomorrow is a new day.

Glenda

(Login Patrice_B)

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 10:50 PM 

I understand! See you tomorrow![linked image]

(Login Patrice_B)

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 11:06 PM 

Glenda's Lily:

[linked image]

(Login Patrice_B)

No score for this post
January 19 2016, 11:11 PM 

Glenda,

It's lovely! I like the depth of color you have achieved. Especially in the blues.

I'm not sure what we have done differently - that is, not sure why I was able to post the image, but perhaps part of it is the copy and paste part. I simply copied the name of the file to my computer clipboard, then pasted the name in the forum without any html or quotation marks and it did show.

Let's try for a larger version. This one is 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high. Up to 700 pixels wide works well for the forum formatting.

G'night!

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous TopicReturn to The Water Cooler  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement