search_cont_herald_130x46.png
logo_layout_complete_jaw_640x179.pngimage_upload_shift_100x100px.png
welcome_blk.pngessentials_blk.pngfree_blk.pngwatercolor_academy_blk_smooth_2.pngmembers_portfolios_blk.pngthe_watercooler_blk.png

Glenda's "Lake Erie Lily"

Next Topic >>Return to The Water Cooler  

Removing Color Cast with Picasa

July 25 2014 at 10:10 PM
No score for this post

Patrice  (Login Patrice_B)
Just - Add - Water's - The Water Cooler

I promised to show how to remove color casts with Picasa before I learned that installing Picasa on my computer would require that it catalog the images on my hard drives. I have two one terrabyte hard drives with thousands of images. It would take a long, long time... so... I found this tutorial on YouTube, which explains the process very well. Hope this will do!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
marylka
(Login marylka)

Re: Removing Color Cast with Picasa

No score for this post
July 26 2014, 7:23 PM 

Thank you Paz ,it does look simple enough.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Patrice
(Login Patrice_B)

Re: Removing Color Cast with Picasa

No score for this post
July 28 2014, 5:51 PM 

Yes, it does. It appears to work much the same as the eyedropper feature in both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop.

If the color balance change doesn't work well when one particular area is selected, then choose another.

This is a really nice feature when you have a photo of a painting that has a white background that appears blueish or greyish. Simply touch to the white background and it should clean up nicely.

In Photoshop there are three eyedropper choices, black, white and neutral grey. The white eyedropper should be placed on a place where there should be brilliant white, such as a spectral highlight. Black on the blackest area in a photo, and with the grey, that's where the fun comes in. You need to try to find a place that should be a neutral color. Selecting in different areas of a photo will yield different results.

In Photoshop, if you don't like what you have, you can hold down the alt key and press the Cancel button and Cancel will become Reset, so you can try again.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  Next Topic >>Return to The Water Cooler  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement