<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Valeria's Action fiction

August 15 2000 at 10:52 AM
Score 4.0 (1 person)
Quine  (Login Quine)

Found here: http://members.tripod.com/Valeria2/id17.htm

Valeria's 'Action' stories (most particularly 'Fire and Ice' (NC-17) and its follow-up 'Strong Sweets' (PG-13)) have the (dubious) honor of being the only online fiction I've actually printed as hard copy.

Her portrayal of Peter Dragon and Cole Riccardi (as played by Richard Burgi, for all you Sentinel sluts<g>) and all the sundry characters in the weird and wonderful world of Action is bang on, remaining absolutely true to the series without making the mistake of falling into unrealistic sweetness. It's witty (more often than not, laugh out loud funny) and pierced with pop references, while being unashamedly un-PC, just like the show itself. At the same time, Valeria manages to show a slyly sympathetic Pete Dragon, an unexpected Riccardi, dry Wendy and a depth of tenderness that made my toes curl - and still does.

All in all, I can't recommend this fiction enough. Even if you weren't impressed by the show, I guarantee this'll warm the cockles of any slash princess's heart. Don't be put off by my crapness at critique, Go See. I command thee!

Meanwhile, Valeria's alternative spec script for the season finale is not to be sniffed at either. It winds things up beautifully, is as clever as I'd expect from Loki and is not at all predictable.

All in all, this is the fiction that restored my faith in slash. Enjoy:)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Clio
(Login Clio)

Really hot stuff

No score for this post
August 15 2000, 5:18 PM 

Damn, you were right. I haven't even finished Fire and Ice and the room is practically steaming. I have never even seen the show, but I do remember some preview with Rich kissing the guy who plays Peter (Jay isn't it?) on the cheek. Didn't know what it was about though, still don't. This story is hot though. I am a Jimbabe as they put it, I love Richard in the Sentinel. He is way hot. This was a great rec, the writer is very good.

Clio

Ophite68
(no login)

very good rec

No score for this post
September 12 2000, 8:39 PM 

I've never seen the show, never read any other fic from the show, and knew nothing about it. The fic was great! I can't wait for the promised more.

Arwen
(no login)

Amazing fic - was it ever finished?

No score for this post
April 8 2012, 1:02 PM 

I went looking for this fic on a whim to see if it was as good as I remembered - definitely was. Amazing writing and characterization. Was the sequel ever completed? I realize it's ancient, ancient work now, but I hold out hope.

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Return to Slash Slut's Recs