<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stage 1 - Long leather riding boots

November 8 2001 at 7:21 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Cocodebumbum)

I'm taking my Stage 1 soon, and over the last few weeks my riding seems to get worse every lesson. I would normally wear chaps and lace up boots, but have recently been wearing my long rubber riding boots to get used to them for the exam. One instructor has suggested that it may be the boots that may be contributing to the problem, with the lack of give around the ankle, so I'm now going to invest in some long leather boots. I don't know whether you'll know the one's I mean, but I really fancy the mountain Horse 'Mountain High rider boot' because they look really comfy, and definitely fit for purpose, but does anybody know whether they are smart enough for an exam?

Thanks
Sue

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ghilly
(Login ghilly)

Boots dilema

No score for this post
November 8 2001, 11:44 PM 

I have a similar problem re boots. I have a lovely pair of Cavallo boots that are now to narrow (weep). And need a replacement pair for Stage 3, but I appear to need quite a med/short length boot with a wide calf.

As boots get bigger round they appear to get taller!

I have a achilies tendon problem and also find it easier in short boots.

I wondered if it was possible to use a short boot and gaiter? Something smart like treadstep system as they offer a wide fit range.

What ever you get it need to be suitable for all stage exams as you don't want to have to buy another pair later.

I think Mountain Horse do a competition boot (a bit more stylish). But still a bit chunky. I thought these might just be wide enought for me but wondered if they were too chunky to be acceptable!

Hope you find the answer to your problem.

Good luck in the exam.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Ghilly
(Login ghilly)

Boots dilema

No score for this post
November 8 2001, 11:46 PM 

I have a similar problem re boots. I have a lovely pair of Cavallo boots that are now to narrow (weep). And need a replacement pair for Stage 3, but I appear to need quite a med/short length boot with a wide calf.

As boots get bigger round they appear to get taller!

I have a achilies tendon problem and also find it easier in short boots.

I wondered if it was possible to use a short boot and gaiter? Something smart like treadstep system as they offer a wide fit range.

What ever you get it need to be suitable for all stage exams as you don't want to have to buy another pair later.

I think Mountain Horse do a competition boot (a bit more stylish). But still a bit chunky. I thought these might just be wide enought for me but wondered if they were too chunky to be acceptable!

Hope you find the answer to your problem.

Good luck in the exam.

(Login heland)

Untitled

No score for this post
November 14 2001, 7:07 AM 

I'm taking my stage 1 soon (end of month) and snap I normally wear jodpur boots and chaps. My lesson yesterday I thought I'd better start wearing my rubber boots. After about 20minutes my right ankle was very sore, I think because of lack of support.
I'm not sure for the exam but I know they won't allow them in dressage because of the ruffled bit at the back.
I will try and find out.

Good luck with your exams and the boots
heland

Natalie
(no login)

Mountain Rider Boots (long)

No score for this post
December 5 2001, 6:49 PM 

I am doing my stage 1, tomorrow, feel very sick as I haven't done all of the work I should, due to boyfriend made redundant, problem with house sale and having to move horse on Saturday. Ahhhh!

Anyway back to the point, I have lovely Mountain rider boots, would recommend to anyone. But a week ago I had a concern that they wouldn't be deemed suitable for a stage exam. Phoned BHS and sure enough they have made a decision that these boots aren't acceptable footwear.

So I had to go out and buy a leather pair, which I haven't been able to wear before the exam as it is too muddy at the yard and only had them 2 days. Had to wait until after pay day to afford them. So don't buy the mountain rider ones for an exam.

ghilly
(Login ghilly)

long Mountain horse boots/BHS Exams

No score for this post
December 6 2001, 6:09 PM 

Hi Sue

Thanks for the response re your call to BHS, much appreciate you posting it.

Hope you did well today with the exam. Its hard to concentrate on Exams when you have a home and family to run. Hang in there.

Do you have the Mountain High Rider or the New Sportive High Rider?

I was thinking of getting the new Sportive High Rider.

Natalie
(no login)

Hurrah!

No score for this post
December 6 2001, 6:19 PM 

I passed! unbelievable.

Anyway, one of the ladies I took my exam with had the new MR Boots on and the examiners said that they were fine. I was told by the BHS on the phone that it was because of the soles that they aren't suitable? So I think it depends on the examiners, maybe you should phone the exam centre ahead of your exam. The new smarter leather boots look really nice too. As I said before I would recommend the boots to anyone they are lovely and comfortable for riding every day and look like they will last well.

Never mind I now have a posh pair of dressage boots for best (Dublin which were comfortable from the word go.

ghilly
(Login ghilly)

MH boots

No score for this post
December 6 2001, 6:41 PM 

Sorry for calling you Sue, obviously not having good day!!!

Congrats for passing. Wasn't as bad as you thought?!

Thanks for info re new Sportive boots.

Well done.

Current Topic - Stage 1 - Long leather riding boots  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Horses & RidingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement