[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeff
(Login sixspd)
Members

Can do you a nice repro pump...

September 15 2010, 11:41 PM 

part number 4442S (or 4441S if you prefer) dated to suit your car, made from original parts, CARTER X pump or CARbureTER X as you prefer...
[linked image]
[linked image]

$400 plus shipping...

This message has been edited by sixspd on Sep 15, 2010 11:51 PM

Respond to this message   
Jeff
(Login sixspd)
Members

Here's some date code pics n part numbers

September 16 2010, 2:03 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
John
(Login 427fan)
Members

Re: Here's some date code pics n part numbers

September 17 2010, 7:18 AM 

I have a new unused original pump for a 70 Boss 302 if you guys ever need one. All these different pumps are getting very hard to find.

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login fordfast)
Members

Pump wanted

September 17 2010, 5:34 PM 

I also require a Pump to suit my 428 CJ Mach-1, build date being 10-09-1968 must be concourse correct.
Please mail me chris.ctech@bigpond.com

Respond to this message   
Jeff
(Login sixspd)
Members

happy to help Chris

September 19 2010, 9:45 PM 

I can do you a repro 428CJ 4441S Carter X fuel pump rebuilt and ready to install with a date code to suit your car. Will be as per pictures above, and is the correct appearing part for your car. $400 plus postage.

Please email me with your engine build date, carb, distributor build dates etc so I can line it up with them.

Thanks
Jeff

Respond to this message   
David Garton
(Login 68Rcodeman)
Members

I have one.17D7A date code

September 17 2010, 7:09 PM 

Buddy email sent. Original Carter X, 17D7a Date code. $600.00 plus shipping. Very nice with new kit in it.
David

This message has been edited by 68Rcodeman on Sep 19, 2010 7:35 AM

Respond to this message   
paul
(Login preaction)
Members

fakes

September 20 2010, 8:06 PM 

are you really doing anyone a favor selling these inpostiors to further diloute these cars ?

Respond to this message   
Jeff
(Login sixspd)
Members

I don't think David's one is a fake...

September 20 2010, 9:05 PM 

He's advertised it as an original...

I'll assume your question is directed at me? I dunno if anyone thinks it's a great idea or not - but then reproduction parts have been available for a long time, and I don't see much difference between a reproduction part of any description made in Taiwan and the pumps I make. I don't advertise them as original pumps, and I think as with all repro parts it's up to the owner if he wants genuine original or fake repro's - typically there's a price to pay to get what you want.

If you want to get your car on the road, the choice is there for an owner to put in a obviously aftermarket $15 piece that looks completely wrong, or another aftermarket $400 piece that looks for all intents and purposes the same as an original, or a genuine original for $600. People sell fibreglass shaker components, and they sell metal shaker bases made from '67 T-Bird air cleaner bases. There's no difference between doing that and remaking Carter X fuel pumps.

Happy to hear an alternative opinion tho....

Jeff

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login fordfast)
Members

Re: I have one.17D7A date code

September 21 2010, 8:56 PM 

Hi Dave is the pump Genuine Ford?
Needs to suit a build date of 7-10-1968 to 10-09-1968
Chris

Respond to this message   
Jeff
(Login sixspd)
Members

They're made by Carter (now called Federal Mogul?)

September 22 2010, 12:10 AM 

Not a Ford manufactured product, but manufactured FOR FoMoCo. They also made the vacuum bypass for the SMOG setup from memory too...
What build dates are they? 7-10-1968 to 10-09-1968 is 7th October '68 to 10th September '68?

Rule of thumb for CJ Mustang engine parts is from 2 weeks before the car's build date to 3 months before (this would be an extreme case). Typically there is some differential depending upon where the car was made (Metuchen, Dearborn or San Jose) - Dearborn cars were made nearer the Dearborn Iron Foundry so a shorter time for assembled motors to get there, Metuchen was in New Jersey so not too far away, but San Jose is in California and theory suggests that there were slightly longer delays getting motors sent there, therefore the variance would be slightly greater....

If you check the motor, there should be a build date stamped onto the front of the motor near where the water pump bolts in, or on one of the lugs at the side near the head surface. Similar format to the block casting date - FYI my block is cast 27th Feb '69, assemby date is 22nd March, car build date is May.... If it's original to the car, this will give you a good timeline for identifying the date of the sub-assemblies such as carb, distributor, fuel pump, SMOG can, SMOG pump, water pump etc....

Cheers
Jeff

This message has been edited by sixspd on Sep 22, 2010 12:18 AM

Respond to this message   
David Garton
(Login 68Rcodeman)
Members

Real.

September 22 2010, 12:03 PM 

Chris, Yes it is Original. Real. Some very knowledgable people have seen it .It has alot of patten #s on the bottom piece and I was told that the early ones did. I can send you pictures.
Thanks David

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index