Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

427 Motor with Tunnel Port Heads and Intake

March 11 2013 at 4:32 AM
  (Login DJ2scoops)
Members

This is a 427 Tunnel Port motor was built for an AC Cobra. Motor was built in 2002 and only has about 1800 miles on it. It made over 500HP at the rear tires on pump gas and was running strong with NO ISSUES when it was pulled and put on the stand. The motor has been sitting in a heated/climate controlled garage for the past 6 years wrapped in plastic. These block, heads and intake were all NOS parts that came direct from Ford. The motor is stroked to 452ci with dual 600 Holley's. I'm selling the motor carb to oil pan. If you have any questions or need any specific pictures just ask.

Block Code = C3AE 6015 AB (Bore is 4.253)
Heads Code = C70E 6090K
Intake Code = C70E 9425 A
Eagle Crank and Rods
JE Forged Dome Pistons
Solid Lift Comp Cam

I have the original build sheet if anyone would like to see it. I also have the original alternator brackets that come with the motor. Asking $11,999 OBO with carbs, air cleaners, msd dist and plug wires, alternator, pulley's, Aviad Oil Pan... everything included.

Motor is listed on ebay with pics and build sheet there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-427-FE-Tunnel-Port-with-2x4s-/281076665838?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4171798dee&vxp=mtr

This message has been edited by DJ2scoops on Mar 12, 2013 7:14 PM
This message has been edited by DJ2scoops on Mar 11, 2013 5:07 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login qikbbstang)
Members

Sounds like a great deal on TP stuff, but the math smells a bit fishy

March 11 2013, 3:25 PM 

What kind of engine builder starts out by boring a NOS FoMoCo 427 block 0.020" and change? ..................

4.253" is not even a std ring size, so who ever built the motor must have had custom pistons and rings made up. The first logical overbore on any std bore 427 esp a NOS one is always considered to be 0.017 a common BBC ring size.

Re:" These block, heads and intake were all NOS parts that came direct from Ford. The motor is stroked to 452ci Block Code = C3AE 6015 AB (Bore is 4.253)"

bb

Respond to this message   

(Login DJ2scoops)
Members

Re: Sounds like a great deal on TP stuff, but the math smells a bit fishy

March 11 2013, 6:26 PM 

The long and the short of the story is the motor was built and then rebuilt. The motor was originally built for a Fairlane and was built with 12.5 comp pistons. When I found out he had the motor I begged him to sell it to me for my Cobra build. I ran it in the car for about 200 miles and couldn't deal with buying racing gas for the car. It was a hassle. I then took it into MD Performance and had him pull the motor to rebuild for pump gas. At the time I didn't care that the motor was an untouched 427. I wanted it stroked to make up for the lack of comp that we were reducing. I was more concerned with power and being on pump gas than I was boring the block 20 thous. Anyone that is interested is more than welcome to come by and drop the oil pan to see what they are getting. It's only fishy if someone is trying to sell you something without showing it to you.

Respond to this message   

(Login hafadowg)
Members

Re: 427 Motor with Tunnel Port Heads and Intake

March 11 2013, 6:27 PM 

like to see build sheet & pics of engine.location?

Respond to this message   

(Login DJ2scoops)
Members

March 11 2013, 7:07 PM 

Shoot me an email address and I'll shoot it over to you. I tried posting pics earlier but they didn't show up on the site.

Respond to this message   

(Login bulletpruf)
Members

March 12 2013, 6:53 AM 

Derrick -

Sounds like a great engine at a reasonable price. I'm not a buyer, but I'm sure you have a few folks interested. My recommendation - post pictures and documentation of the build and it will sell. There's a lot of worn out, welded up, blown up, filled block, etc 427 and tunnel port stuff out there (ask me how I know) so some folks will pay a premium for documented virgin (or close to it) parts.

Good luck.

Scott

67 Fairlane 500 hdtp, C4, 9", 800 hp 514
66 Fairlane GT convt, toploader, 9", built 428

Respond to this message   

(Login DJ2scoops)
Members

March 12 2013, 7:09 PM 

Thanks Scott! I actually have tried to post pics on this site and I guess I'm just an idiot. Nothing shows up. I just emailed a few guys pics. It's a super nice piece. I wanted to put it in my 50 F1 but with a power steering pump and a/c compressor its going to be virtually impossible so unfortunately I have to let it go.

Respond to this message   

(Login hafadowg)
Members

pics &build sheet

March 12 2013, 3:13 PM 

badgerent@gmail.com

Respond to this message   

(Login DJ2scoops)
Members

Re: pics &build sheet

March 12 2013, 7:14 PM 

Respond to this message