Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

You're both...

May 13 2012 at 12:45 PM

(Login Cosmo_63)
Members

Response to Is it just me,

... right on the money with your statements. There's just something about seeing these 40+ year old engines either still running or firing up for the first time in years. I've been lucky enough to have a dad that's gotten me into the vintage stuff for the past fourteen years and we just recently got my old '63 Galaxie on the road with a completely rebuilt drive-train. Hearing it's 390 start up for the first time gave my heart flutters (and still does). None of my friends understand my fascination with this "old" technology and can't comprehend my love & dedication for my 4,000lb boat that always seems to take all of my hard earned money. I say "to hell with 'em"... this older stuff is still on the road for a reason.

Sorry, Bill. I didn't mean to stray away from your post's topic. You and Louie just got my mind to thinking and it transferred into an online ramble about my love for the classics. happy.gif

Michael Stanford (San Marcos, TX)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500XL - 390 / C6 (Project of ten years and going)
2000 Ford F-150 XLT '4x4 Off Road' package - 5.4L / 4-speed automatic w/ 3.55 LSD rear end
2011 Jayco Jay 22FB (Home sweet home)

This message has been edited by Cosmo_63 on May 13, 2012 12:47 PM

Respond to this message