Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

FE engines waiting for their cars...

June 26 2012 at 1:50 PM
Ben  (Login BH107)
Members

We were moving some stuff around over the weekend and building new engine stands so I snapped a few pictures of the engines we have for our next few projects.

The first is the 63 406 6v that is going in my dads G code Galaxie. The engine is all rebuilt and ready to go, just waiting on the car to be ready...hopefully by the end of the summer. Front cover and dampener still need to be changed, machine shop intalled the wrong ones.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Second is a 427 that has been sitting in the corner of the garage for 20+ years. It was pulled out of a wrecked 64 Galaxie and put in a friends jet boat. After very little use, we got our hands on it. It is standard bore with the original pistons, but the bumpers were machined off to drop the compression. Originally it was going to go in my dads Thunderbolt clone he has had for 30 years, but plans changed for that a few weeks ago.

And finally the new Thunerbolt engine. A craigslist find...a story that I will detail some other time when we have opened the engine up and find out what all is there. It's a complete high riser that has been sitting in a crate since 1978 when it was last rebuilt by Holbrook Enterprises in Livonia, MI. More detail to come later...

Respond to this message   
Responses