Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My dyno pulls in 2005

October 14 2011 at 2:58 PM

Rich Bryant  (Login RABryant)
Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J84-lXkwagI First time on dyno owner of shop was in the car and it broke the timing chain crank key.Fix it ,now I am to drive it on dyno.Two power pulls and one quarter mile pass with trans brake.

[linked image]
All ways an FE

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

XR7
(Login XR7)
Members

pulled a wheelie on the chassis dyno...

October 25 2011, 11:47 AM 

that was pretty cool! Amazing how 441HP to the wheels will go 9.56 in the 1/4... so how much does it weigh and what are your 60 ft numbers? Nice combo!

68 Cougar XR7 street and strip car, 428 4-speed, 3560# of fun, best 6.68@102.49 10.493@128.99 1.44 60 ft

Respond to this message   

Rich Bryant
(Login RABryant)
Members

The et is on the dyno only

October 25 2011, 5:43 PM 

My track time was around low 10s good air @130mph 1.37 60' if I recall.It weights 2600lbs.That wheelie is using a trans brake and a 5500 converter.

[linked image]
All ways an FE

Respond to this message   

Rory McNeil
(Login RM428)
Members

Re: The et is on the dyno only

October 25 2011, 10:25 PM 

You mean that you were actually able to make a full throttle dragstrip type pass on the chassis dyno?! I never would have thought that any tire would hook up well enough to a full throttle trans brake launch or clutch drop, on a heavy, stationary steel drum, that most chassis dynos use. Thats amazing. I had been told by a local chassis dyno shop that they didn`t like using drag slicks on the rollers, because the tires could get damaged doing so. Supposedly, since drag slicks grow in diameter, and the rear of the car is lashed down with straps, the slicks would see very high loads with the tire growth. One local shop has a chassis dyno that doesn`t use rollers, rather it has flanges that attach directly to the rear axles, via the wheel studs, with the cars wheels removed. With that setup, I would have to think that there could not be any wheelspin or slippage.
I`ve never had any of my cars on a chassis dyno yet, but if there was one in the area that could do a similar dragstrip run, I`d like to see just how close the results were to a real dragstrip, as well as see the relationship between my engine dyno sheets, and the numbers from the chassis dyno.

428 powered Fairmont drag car, Best ET:10.03@132.11MPH, best 60 ft: 1.29
59 Meteor 2 dr. sedan 332, Ford O Matic
74 F350 ramp truck 390 4speed

Respond to this message   

Rich Bryant
(Login RABryant)
Members

It's a Mustang dyno with a chrismas tree

October 26 2011, 6:37 PM 

and yes it damage the tires plus with high stall converter I have a funny torque curve but,it was fun letting it hang out.

[linked image]
All ways an FE

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index