Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

66 CS500 SHELBY Truck

December 5 2014 at 5:18 AM

qikBBstang  (Login qikbbstang)
Members

" Still sporting its mostly original paint and interior – complete with wooden Cobra shift knob and dash mounted tachometer"

How on earth did they get cars on/off that mile high bed?.............
Cool restoration, is that a 2V carb under the two-bolt air cleaner?....

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=FL0115-204124

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Kevin Rolph
(Login thatdarncat)
Members

Re: 66 CS500 SHELBY Truck

December 5 2014, 10:00 AM 

You must have missed the discussion on the main page a few days ago

http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182/thread/1417549348/Is+this+ligit-

If the truck was actually owned by Shelby American they wouldn't have used it to haul cars with the flatbed.

Respond to this message   
Bill Ballinger
(Login 65galbill)
Members

What would a '66 W code 427 HP be? A 410 hp solid like the earlier ones?

December 7 2014, 9:13 AM 

I also did not know that the FE was ever put in the N series. They kept the Lincoln Y (317 and up)for a long time in those trucks, I think there was a 302, and a 330 Lincoln Y in the N series, and as the size went up they got the Super Duty, 451, 477, 534 gas and a diesel. Did they have the FE in them?

I know some C cabs got them. We had one converted to a Hostler that had a 361 and later a 391, The gears it had, that 391w a Holley 4V and no governor would roast the tires happy.gif then a 4BT Cummins It had an Allison in all three with an adapter. Neat truck, I moved a lot of trailers around with it from perishable dock to dry grocery dock, dock to stage for the final truck hookup.

I just don't remember the N series having a 330 FE. Did they?

This message has been edited by 65galbill on Dec 7, 2014 9:14 AM

Respond to this message   

Kevin Rolph
(Login thatdarncat)
Members

FT

December 7 2014, 11:37 AM 

Per the auction advertisement it's a 330 which is a FT engine and available in the N500. The Lincoln Y heavy truck motor was a 332 and was used in the N series thru 1963. Hard to keep all those similar displacements straight sometimes. I'll add too that although the Mecum ad states that the Shelby Cobra story is well known, they couldn't get it right - the first Cobra was put together at Dean Moon's shop in Santa Fe Springs CA., It was after that Shelby leased what had been Lance Reventlow's building on Princeton Drive to start assembling production Cobra's.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index