Return to Index  

Not even close ((((Sue))))

April 17 2012 at 10:39 AM

Tess  (Login tesswretched)

Response to I thought I seen it all

Last year I had a 50ish woman in the ER. She had severe COPD and still smoked a few packs a day. She was struggling to breath. The Doc and I felt she was going to need be intubated very soon if we couldn't get her turned around. We started massive steroids and breathing treatments.

Her Husband, Her adult Son, his wife, and her late teen daughter took turns going out to smoke one after the other.

My ER room smelled so awful, and while this woman died, directly from smoking, her family was plotting out their next "fix."

I prayed to God to never let me go back to that incredibly awful place of nicotine addiction.

Now in Hospice, it can be even worse. I pay very close attention to the reminders when I come across them.

Even if I die of some nicotine related cause(I smoked a long, long time), I will not die being a slave to addiction.

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure...but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe

Smokeless since 9/12/2010

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement