Return to Index  

"Clash of The Titans" - First meeting (pics)...............>>

May 29 2008 at 12:36 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
jneds  (Login jneds)
from IP address 84.70.38.167

Two heavyweights of the dive world squared up to each other today for the fist time namely the Seiko 7C46-6009 600m Quartz Professional Diver (Ashtray/Prototype (http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/message/1211961905/This+Bad+Boy+...showed+up+on+the+baydar...this+morning.. ) Close serial number to this one and price seem a little OTT already. Mine is a "keeper" for now, and the Citizen 800m Professional Quartz (nickname needed).

The Citizen is a new arrival and the Seiko I've had a while but has been away to have a small repair carried out so when she returned today there was a tense stand off
[IMG][/IMG]
The Seiko is no shrinking violet but the Citizen just seems to have more presence
[IMG][/IMG]
Casebacks are both nice but the Citizen to me is gorgeous , love that diver's helmet
Seiko is notably heavier due to it's SS case v Titanium for the Citizen
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The next pic is included to show the bezels really. Citizen has a cool press down to move action. Seiko bezel insert is smooth while the Citizen bezel markers are raised to give a "3D" appearance. Styling is individual for both - Seiko 80's , Citizen 90's
[IMG][/IMG]
Side by side I really like both. Seiko has a domed crystal which is really difficult to photograph without reflections. Both are mineral and the Citizen crystal is scratched and I hope to source a replacement.
[IMG][/IMG]

Finally an uneasy alliance is formed. Which is my favourite? Neither really but the Seiko is perhaps an aquired taste whilst the Citizen instantly satisfies with it's rugged appearance looking like it could go 800M and then some
[IMG][/IMG]
Although in many ways they are quite different visually I'm struck by the similarities - all silver "beadblasted" look case , crown and bezel , gold hands , markers and indicies and of course quartz which (sorry autophiles) I prefer.

Thanks for viewing
Cheers
Neil

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com