Return to Index  

I don't like the "new" forum at all! HUGE step backwards!

April 3 2010 at 9:13 AM
No score for this post
Dave Riedle  (Login driedle)
Approved Users
from IP address 68.255.60.23

Response to Yes I like the simple

I don't like the new forum at all. In my opinion, it is a HUGE step backwards in functionality.

One of the reasons I like this forum is that I can find anything in a grand total of two places. When I want to read, I go to the forum, when I want to look at what is for sale, I go to the sales forum. Easy.

One of the great things about having everything on the same page is that I can simply look at anything that looks interesting. I have learned a lot about G-Shocks, even though I probably would not lean over to pick one up on the street...

Orients right now don't interest me at all other than the Royals, but I keep hoping I'll find one that is "right". I won't do that on the new forum...and the less said about non-Japanese watches the better. When I come here, I want to learn about Japanese watches. I don't mind the stuff on "what are you wearing" photos, or even comparisons, but nothing else really. That is why they call it the Seiko-Citizen watch forum.

Too bad. It appears to have been designed by folks who want to compartmentalize everything. One of my Puma forums is the same way...you have to go several places to check on things instead of just one.

Also, having a place for dealers is just bad. I constantly find "dealer inspired or dealer planted" posts on other forums.

There are just not enough people here posting to justify such a complicated thing. I don't care that "the gang is all here."

I appreciate the effort, but the whole exercise looks to me like the the answer to a question that no one asked.

Dave Riedle

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com