<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Seiko 8223A Stem Removal?

June 25 2009 at 1:08 PM
No score for this post
Paul Raposo  (Login Paul_Raposo)
from IP address 70.26.116.253

Looking for some help on how to remove the stem from a Seiko quartz movement Cal. 8223A. One screw beside the stem is "Tube for circuit block screw A" and the brass screw on the other side has a "to and fro" arrow marking and looks like a rate trimming screw. I've included a borrowed pic of a 8223A movement. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks all.
--
Paul Raposo

http://tinyurl.com/l3h7yl

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)
Approved Users

Try this...

No score for this post
June 25 2009, 4:11 PM 

Push the crown all the way in then look for the indicated dimple poking out from under the edge of the top plate.
Press the dimple while gently pulling the crown/stem out of the watch...
[linked image]

------------------------------------------

[linked image]

Paul Raposo
(Login Paul_Raposo)

Excellent Info Ancre-Steam!

No score for this post
June 25 2009, 4:34 PM 

Thanks for the info, Ancre-Steam 8^)

The stem slipped right out as I pressed the dimple down.

I knew it had something to do with a lever, like the old 5 series autos, but I couldn't even begin to imagine where it might be.

I found a service guide for the 8222A, 8223A, and 8229A but I couldn't tell from the pics where the lever might be. Your notes made it clear.

Thanks much again and I'll post some pics of the finished watch.

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)
Approved Users

Glad to have helped :>) nt

No score for this post
June 25 2009, 6:11 PM 

------------------------------------------

[linked image]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com