<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

whats the deal with the forum...

April 1 2010 at 3:34 AM
No score for this post

cindyc/USA/FL/est  (Login cnycoburn)
Approved Users
from IP address 97.106.23.220

i have been registered for quite a while and i received an email last night
saying welcome to the forum.. your user name is (xxxxxx) and your password is (xxxxxxx).... is this legit????

cindyc

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Harry, Denmark
(Login Harry_Teicher)
Approved Users

Its quite legitimite...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:51 AM 

...just go ahead and follow the instructions wink.gif

Harry Teicher

[linked image][linked image]

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding

This message has been edited by Harry_Teicher from IP address 94.145.63.224 on Apr 1, 2010 3:56 AM

cindyc/USA/FL/est
(Login cnycoburn)
Approved Users

i can still use my old login infor and my password.

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:59 AM 

seems strange to me.

cindyc

Harry, Denmark
(Login Harry_Teicher)
Approved Users

Your old password still works...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:03 AM 

...don't worry, there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. More details to follow...

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding

This message has been edited by Harry_Teicher from IP address 94.145.63.224 on Apr 1, 2010 4:07 AM

cindyc/USA/FL/est
(Login cnycoburn)
Approved Users

Great, Just Great!!!......nt

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:11 AM 

cindyc

Doheth
(Login Doheth)
Approved Users

Me too. What the heck? Need official info!

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:10 AM 

I received one of those e-mails too.

I thought it was fishing at first and almost deleted it. Then I thought I'd check the notwork54 SCF forum first and see if anything was posted about it.

Is that forum associated with this one? Is the new forum replacing this one? What's the deal?

I can't get into the new forum without logging in, and since this new ID and password were sent to me totally unsolicited out of the blue, and without any other reference, I don't trust it.

What's the deal? Is this supposed to be an invite-only, drama free zone or something? A little heads up might have been nice. Seems rather shady to me.

More info is required before I'm going there.

Harry, Denmark
(Login Harry_Teicher)
Approved Users

All is "above board" (sorry, pun intended)...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:13 AM 

...there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. Just continue using SCWF as per usual.

Harry Teicher

Doheth
(Login Doheth)
Approved Users

Not quite...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:21 AM 

This appears to be a new board, not maintenance. Is this URL just a new reference to the same notwork54 site? Or is it a fancy way to gather user passwords, hoping that users on this new forum will use change their login to use the same password they use on this forum.

Sounds paranoid, sure, but I don't trust ANYTHING that comes unsolicited like that.

Doheth
(Login Doheth)
Approved Users

And on April Fools' day no less.

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:29 AM 

Doheth
(Login Doheth)
Approved Users

I have been appeased :-) (see mod thread above)

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 5:11 AM 

cindyc/USA/FL/est
(Login cnycoburn)
Approved Users

it does seem shady to me as well since i have not

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:16 AM 

seen anything from the mod's posted on this. i will wait for them to say something before i start using the "new" info sent to me. (no offense to anyone intended)

cindyc

Doheth
(Login Doheth)
Approved Users

Indeed (entering holding pattern)

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:16 AM 

Harry, Denmark
(Login Harry_Teicher)
Approved Users

Absolutely, please just continue using SCWF...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:26 AM 

...as per usual. I am not a mod here, but am involved in the technical maintenance and update, and am awake (its lunchtime in Europe;-)) so this is why I am commenting...

Harry Teicher

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com