<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

6309 click ball repair advice needed within UK\EU.

April 1 2010 at 6:14 AM
No score for this post
j111dja  (Login j111dja)
Approved Users
from IP address 94.2.109.121

I have a nice 6309 in my collection that has an issue with the click ball. The click ball collar is still in place but unfortunately, the click ball itself has lowered too much and it no longer functions.

Is there anyone who can remove the collar or do a repair for me? I do have a new Seiko click ball available. I am in the UK. Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jhuurne
(Login jhuurne)
Approved Users

Did you trie to loosen it with wd40?

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:15 AM 

j111dja
(Login j111dja)
Approved Users

Sadly, it doesn't remove the collar.

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:29 AM 

nt

Sir Les
(Login LesZ)
Approved Users

I didn't think there was a collar - I thought the edge of the hole was 'peened' over ...>>

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:38 AM 

...to retain the click ball. There's certainly no collar shown on this diagram:

[linked image]

[linked image] GLSM IBC, Rep. Bellm.

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- PJ O'Rourke

j111dja
(Login j111dja)
Approved Users

There is no collar shown.....................

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:48 AM 

and no click ball or click ball spring and chamber shown either it appears.

Sir Les
(Login LesZ)
Approved Users

Look at the left hand side of the diagram, below 'Rotating Bezel'........>>

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:54 AM 

...you can clearly see the chamber, spring and ball but no collar or liner.

[linked image] GLSM IBC, Rep. Bellm.

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- PJ O'Rourke

j111dja
(Login j111dja)
Approved Users

Spotted it thanks.

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 10:44 AM 

I'm as blind as a bat. Apologies.

MartinCRC
(Login MartinCRC)
Approved Users

Why do you need to remove the collar?

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:56 AM 

I have two spare 6309 cases, both of which suffer from exactly the same problem. On both of my cases, it appears as though the hole in which the spring and click ball sit has some sort of cylindrical steel liner but I have no idea how deep it extends. Is this the collar you mean? All I want to be able to do is extract the click ball but have not yet come up with a way of accomplishing this. Any ideas anyone?

Martin

Ben
(Login bubba295)
Approved Users

My .02............

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:13 AM 

IIRC, the top of the hole is only peened over. Sounds like you have years of trash in the click ball hole. You could find something small, a punch, that will fit inside of the hole. Insert it in the hole and then twirl it about enlarging the hole, removing the peened over top portion of the hole. Then the click ball and spring may come out. You may have to still soak it some in a cleaner, degreaser, to free it all up.

There are instructions on here that tell how to replace the click ball and spring. It involves a Bic pen and a spring bar.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/search?searchterm=click-ball-replacement&sort=match

http://www.fairtax.org

This message has been edited by bubba295 from IP address 24.159.4.241 on Apr 1, 2010 7:20 AM

j111dja
(Login j111dja)
Approved Users

That all rings true with me..............

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:46 AM 

That's my problem Martin. Mybe the top collar has worn but with my 10 x loupe, I do see the collar you mention.

It appears you have the same problem as me.

Dave

Myles
(Login Selym)
Approved Users

Penetrating Oil

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:11 AM 

I'd try a few drops of penetrating oil. Be careful not to contaminate the crystal gasket.

My 6306-7001 case doesn't have the collar you speak of. The top of the hole is peened over to prevent the ball from escaping. In order to replace the ball, you'd have to open the peened-over portion of the hole. Upon replacing the ball, I guess you'd have to use a closing punch to peen-over the hole once again.

Best of luck,
Myles

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com