<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Small unveiling..reunited with an old friend ;-)...

April 1 2010 at 6:28 AM
No score for this post
etienne  (Login buddy13)
Approved Users
from IP address 88.203.79.213

Just thought I would post a few pics of my new arrival..actually got it last Friday but have not found the time to post it here yet...

Hmmm.... what could it be happy.gif?

[Image deleted by Moderator -- never a good idea to show your address and telephone no.!]

Getting there...

[linked image]

Was so excited that I cut my finger...thanks to no small part to the multiple rounds of tape around the box...seriously this was the most difficult parcel to open...ever..lol

[linked image]

[linked image]

Seasoned Seiko enthusiasts will already know what it is..

[linked image]

[linked image]

I present to you the mighty SBDX001 otherwise known as "THE" Marinemaster. I know there are many MM's but to me the SBDX001 will always be "THE" Marinemaster wink.gif...

[linked image]

A naughty note from the seller so that it doesn't get held up in customs...apologies accepted my friend happy.gif...

[linked image]

Anyway it is the second time I bought this watch. The first one I had I sold to buy a PO. Sadly the seller of the PO was just a heartless scammer and he just stole my money without ever sending the watch. After many sleepless nights I put myself together again...I bought and sold another couple PO's and after 2 years I bought another new SBDX001. This time no swiss watch will take its place...I promise...After all no swiss diver watch for just over 2000USD can match this watch IMHO..

[linked image]

I am chuffed to death with this watch, of course I wish it had a sapphire crystal and a signed crown but it still is a superb piece. Of course in true Seiko diver fashion it is currently running at +9seconds/day everyday in any position. Of course given the pedigree of this movement I am still amazed by the lack of fine adjustment from the factory. The fact that it keeps the exact same rate makes me think that it only needs a minor regulation to get to run to within say +-3 seconds a day...but the Japanese never fail to amaze...

Hope you liked the small unveiling happy.gif...

When men build lives from honest toil...courage never fails

This message has been edited by LesZ from IP address 118.210.82.196 on Apr 1, 2010 7:24 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Boston Jay
(Login January2010)
Approved Users

Great post! I like the comp to sbbn015 ha ha jealous of em both.

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:39 AM 

Myles
(Login Selym)
Approved Users

Same for me!

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:04 AM 

I bought one second hand a week ago. It's a keeper, for sure.

Wear it in good health!

Myles

etienne
(Login buddy13)
Approved Users

Congrats Myles...thanks for the wishing..

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 7:15 AM 

I wish the same to you to my friend happy.gif..

thieuster
(Login thieuster)
Approved Users

Great looking watch >>

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 8:26 AM 

I just took care about the future of my watch: the only weak part of the watch is the bezel: scratches easily. I've bought a new bezel and gasket from Rob and I'm storing these items in the Prospex box. The price of these items is very low compared with the price of a MM! And in years to come, we all know that these items will be hard to obtain, no doubt!

Menno

etienne
(Login buddy13)
Approved Users

Would you care to e-mail me...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 8:42 AM 

and tell me where you got the bezel and what you paid for it pls? My e-mail address is e_tienne_s@hotmail.com happy.gif...thanks

I agree...the bezel scrathces way too easily..

thieuster
(Login thieuster)
Approved Users

email sent. (n/t)

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 10:25 AM 

Geran
(Login geran)
Approved Users

Very nice

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 12:12 PM 

Geran

Is this my Signature?
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com