<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Marine Master accuracy report...

April 1 2010 at 9:04 AM
No score for this post

Jeff C  (Login jeffc67)
Approved Users
from IP address 209.52.48.249

This one may be a little special, as it's been regulated by Randall Benson, but I have noticed that in a full week on the wrist the accuracy charactersitics have changed a little.

I'm not sure how much Mark (Zoodles) wore this one - not much judging by the nice shape it's in! - but after a day or two it would gain 5 at night and lose maybe 7 in the day on the wrist. for a net of -2.

After 7 days wearing, it's +1 over 24 hrs. It seems to lose one over the day and gain two overnight. My Sumos are similar... the blue one is dead even all day but gains ten overnight. My orange is -2 in the day and maybe +3 overnight.

I don't think that most of us wear our automatics the way they're meant to be worn - every day. In my experience with my 2 Sumos and this MM, all seem to get more accurate the more days in a row they spend on your wrist. One day isn't enough to really know.

Cheers - Jeff

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Frank
(Login minidriver_2009)
Approved Users

Seems pretty acceptable performance to me....

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:13 AM 

Although you would expect the 8L35 to be "tighter" than the 6R15.

At any rate, I have two 6R15 Seiko SARBs (045 & 033). The 045 is -/+ 0 dead even most of the day against NIST but gains 1 sec at the most over 24 hour period. My 033 stays pegged to NIST for about 8 hours, then loses -1 sec towards the early evening and with the crown up position it loses about 5-6 secs overnight.

I think the factory regulation of the 6R15s is pretty consistent but you'll see interesting variations among different watches so equipped with the same movement.

To be honest, the 8L35 being a "high grade" mechanical movement assembled at SII watch Studio (Seiko Morioka) seems to have its accuracy all over the map. Is the 8L35 factory adjusted to 6 positions + temperature?

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
Approved Users

I don't think they regulate the MM at the factory

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:18 AM 

And in maddenning Japanese fashion, they probably rationalise that with the idea that it's a divers watch and that acuracy over the period of a dive is completely acceptable!

We tend to see the MM as a high end Swiss dive watch (Sub, Seamaster) alternative, which means we expect accuracy. But that's not why Seiko makes it, I don't think.

Cheers - Jeff

Frank
(Login minidriver_2009)
Approved Users

What is the official accuracy

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:25 AM 

Of the 8L35 per Seiko?

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
Approved Users

+15/-10

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 11:17 AM 

For the MM300m and the auto tuna. Not sure about the 8L35 in other watches.

Dr. Seiko
(Login DrSeiko)
Approved Users

Thank you Jeff, I was hoping it would meet

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:43 AM 

your expectations.

I just sent out a 6306 that was running at +4/day.

Yes, stability "should" be measured over the course of several days, as little things in any one day can toss the numbers around, a jog or a swim, or doing nothing at all, can all affect it for just one day.

Cheers,
Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
Approved Users

The REALLY cool thing...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 10:16 AM 

...is that I'm probably the only guy on earth who gets to use a photo of the ACTUAL movement from his MM as wallpaper on his BlackBerry!

Dscn5475.jpg

TakesALickin
(Login TakesALickin)
Approved Users

That's certainly what I have noticed with my MM300 >

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:47 AM 

the more I wear it, the better it performs.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
Approved Users

And since I can't bring myself to wear anything else at the moment...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 10:08 AM 

...that's just fine! wink.gif

I do tend to put it on a rubber strap in the evenings, though, when I'd usually slip into one of my G-Shocks...

Cheers - Jeff

Geran
(Login geran)
Approved Users

Found the same while wearing my

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 9:59 AM 

Sumo every day for over 2yrs after I  regulated it, it would loose 3 to 4 secs when worn through the day and gain 2 to 3 secs at night I also found placing it face down over night it would gain around 15secs over a 12hr period, very handy if it was loosing time.

Geran

Is this my Signature?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com