<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Talk about over priced.

April 1 2010 at 11:45 AM
No score for this post

Christopher A.  (Login DonCiccio2)
Approved Users
from IP address 75.200.16.114

On eBay right now there is a seller with a Seiko 4004 quartz asking $7,000.00!

I can't post the listing because it is still going on , but if you search seiko sq quartz 4004 you'll find it.

I asked the guy "why so much?" and his response was because it is "old & rare" .

Where do these people get their pricing from?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Myles
(Login Selym)
Approved Users

Is it possible to identiy the winning bidder?

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 11:59 AM 

If so, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell him. happy.gif

TheTigerUK...............(John)
(Login TheTigerUK)
Approved Users

LoL.....mt

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 1:32 PM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

TheTigerUK

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)

TheTigerUK...............(John)
(Login TheTigerUK)
Approved Users

This was posted a few days ago I.........

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 12:02 PM 

surprised it has not been sold yet !! happy.gif and mine is still available for a tenth of that price (please) LoL

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/message/1269640398/bidding+starts+on+EBog+at+a+mere+US%247%2C000+for+this+Seiko

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

TheTigerUK

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Norman
(Login normdiaz)
Approved Users

The pricing "system" is called

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 12:11 PM 

"whatever the traffic will bear". Been around as long as Man has.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." -- Lou Holtz

cbrmike
(Login cbrmike)
Approved Users

That must be his loss leader..

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 12:22 PM 

..same seller has another watch for $100,000

Mike

[linked image]

TheFastest
(Login TheFastest)
Approved Users

I had a friend who did much the same...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 4:20 PM 

with a car one time, to get people to quit asking him if he wanted to sell it (he didn't), and low and behold even asking a totally absurd price someone walked up and wrote him a check!

The worst that can happen for grossly overpriced items is... we'll laugh? I doubt the seller cares (though we know it will never sell for that).

I guess it gives grist for our Forum mill, if nothing else. wink.gif

This message has been edited by TheFastest from IP address 63.25.237.51 on Apr 1, 2010 4:21 PM

Kai Fan
(Login Kai41)
Approved Users

Maybe it's in Pesos.:)

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 5:14 PM 

Dan N
(Login green788)
Approved Users

I sent him a message...

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 8:01 PM 

...told him he had me going there for a minute, till I realized it was April Fool's day. :D

Dan N

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com