<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I have a perpetual calander question

April 1 2010 at 3:42 PM
No score for this post

Ken  (Login kenkidw)
Approved Users
from IP address 97.116.81.165

I have a few perpetuals and one of them ran out of battery a month and a half ago. well when I got around to putting a new battery in today I flipped the watch over and it had the right date and time?? Dis it have just enough juice in the battery to remember the time and date?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ken
(Login kenkidw)
Approved Users

Forget the question I just posted, you know why????

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:45 PM 

Because I was looking at the wrong watch. I was looking at my black one not my blue one. Ok New question. How do you set the right date and time on these perpetuals?

TheTigerUK...............(John)
(Login TheTigerUK)
Approved Users

lol mt

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:52 PM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

TheTigerUK

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Approved Users

Ken, if the battery is gone on perpetuals you need to take the back off

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:58 PM 

and go through a set procedure of making 3 contacts in sequence...
here is a Reto link showing how. You could also take the watch in and have a Seiko service center do it or anyone familiar with the procedure.
If the seconds hand ticks over in 2 second increments, the battery will need changing soon and you are given 3 minutes to install the correct battery. If you take longer, then the software for setting the calendar must be reset via the above procedure! good luck haha!
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Seiko/TiPerpCalBackOpen.htm

Eddie
(Login HDEddie1)
Approved Users

Perpetuals, unless changed within seconds, have to

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 3:58 PM 

be reset. Unlike some quartz where its just a simple matter of shorting the battery against a "reset" point, the perpetuals need to be reset by a competant watchmaker familiar with Seikos or send it to Coserv, the factory service center in the states. I've done both and the latter cost 4X as much ($20ish vs $80+) but Coserv just won't reset it they replace the movement along with the battery (I guess its quicker for them?) and I suppose its a good deal if the watch is worth keeping.
Good luck,

Ken
(Login kenkidw)
Approved Users

Take it to my watchmaker???? Have you seen this guy????

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 6:33 PM 

NO way. Here he is. He drinks toooo much.
[linked image]

Norman
(Login normdiaz)
Approved Users

And needs a haircut too. LOL. (nt)

No score for this post
April 1 2010, 8:31 PM 

nt

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." -- Lou Holtz

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com