<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone having the same feelings as me ref the new forum...Edit..>>>

April 3 2010 at 5:46 AM
No score for this post

AqualandKing (TheNeilo)  (Login theneilo1)
Approved Users
from IP address 193.238.234.2

Just cant get used to it and find my self back here in my comfort Zone.
Its cold over there and the friendship feel seems to have gone,its all like msn messaging between two people.The site is hard to navigate,too many options of where to look and where to post.Trade forums with more than one option to view.I know i could go on but im trying not to be too negative as its just not where i want to spend my time anymore.At least here if you wanted to read then post there was one option and if you wanted to look on the trade forum there was again one option...Easy and uncomplicated.Wondered if anyone has been over to the new site felt like me and made their way back here?
Dont get me wrong ive logged in on the new site,did the whole thing but for the first time in 5yrs of being part of this forum i just dont want to post on the new site as it seems to get lost in the maize of options and me being me never thought i would ever become a lurker.

Theneilo uk

[linked image]

This message has been edited by theneilo1 from IP address 82.39.8.93 on Apr 3, 2010 1:03 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jem
(Login seikojem)
Approved Users

I keep checking back here...

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 5:53 AM 

...thinking maybe I am missing out on something important going on wink.gif
Takes a bit of getting used to but it is a great site to rival any, with all its info and various areas, I will be happy for months trying to catch up on reading.
By the way, I have changed my user name to Casiojem to reflect the proportion of my collection nowadays!
See you over on 'the other side' soon Neilo!
Jem

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Approved Users

Just read your post there, Neil,

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 5:57 AM 

but like Jem, I find the new site no prob at all. The posters from here are there, so that makes it all familiar again. The main psychological difference to me is the smaller area of the viewing page...but like going from a Van to a 350Z Nissan (!), it just takes a bit of time to readjust!

carl3989
(Login carl3989)
Approved Users

Question should be Why.

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 6:26 AM 

Why not continue with this forum Neilo? Not to mention trying to sign in to that new forum is an excercise in futility for me. It keeps telling me there is already a member with my name. Very frustrating.

"I try to be the man my dog thinks I am."

Myles
(Login Selym)
Approved Users

Accessing New Forum

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 9:38 AM 

Carl,

Email one of the moderators. They've likely set up an account for you and emailed you the password. The email may have been filtered as spam on your end.

Hope to see you over there!

Myles

Staiiff
(Login Staiiff)
Approved Users

I agree with you Neil...

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 7:04 AM 

... I did not sign for the new one and I probably will not.
I signed in for this forum because I liked the way it was, I mean the chronological set up, and the subjects mixed.
Everybody was able to see everybody's post, as you say a group of friends.
The new set up is like all other forums and I am not comfortable with it.
So maybe this post will be one of the last, or if this forum is still going then I will only post here.

Staiiff
The French Frog
"The French Connection Award" winner

Harry, Denmark
(Login Harry_Teicher)
Approved Users

Guys, you gotta come over...

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 7:17 AM 

...there's over 40 online now, and its the old gang!

Seriously, though, the notwork54 software, familiar and comfortable as it is, is just no longer a viable solution for the SCWF. I miss the familiarity too (and find myself checking in here), but the new will become familiar, and seeing all the familiar names and the general excitement over the move reminds me that the SCWF has just changed software, nothing else. I had exactly the same experience when I was active on the SOHC motorcycle forum, it took a month to settle in and I never looked back.

Whats important, though, is that as many as possible give the new software a chance, and maintain the humor, focus and dedication that has always been the mainstay of the SCWF.

Harry Teicher

[linked image][linked image]

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding

This message has been edited by Harry_Teicher from IP address 94.145.63.224 on Apr 3, 2010 7:28 AM

Geran
(Login geran)
Approved Users

Hey Neil the new site is very

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 7:24 AM 

similar to TZ-UK set up, now I only go on two forum SCWF and TZ-UK in over 12mths I have approx 50 post on TZ simply because I preferred this old place, but as things  have moved on given a bit of time I am sure we will all get used to it, new members are one thing but it won't be the same if the old ones don't come across.

Geran

Is this my Signature?

Russ Murray - Moderator
(Login Russie)
Approved Users

I can appreciate the comfort zone factor. Like anyone else, I'm feeling my way around on..

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 8:16 AM 

the new format but as Harry & others have pointed out, most of the old gang is still with us. If anything, we can have a good laugh as we all try to "find ourselves"! They'll be plenty of laughs comparing notes that's for sure. I'll tell you one thing, I like so many others will not miss the trolls. Personally, I'm overwhelmed with technology at present but this is not a throwing out the baby with the bathwater scenario here. Go at your own pace. After all, good things come to those that wait and this changeover is a good thing. All we ask is that folks be patient as we go through this process.

Russ
[linked image]

A. Smith
(Login asmith-)
Approved Users

Yes I like the simple

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 8:31 AM 

But the friendship is not gone, just have to figure
out out to find things.

-----------------------------
you have to wear & abuse that watch for a year to see if it is any good...

Dave Riedle
(Login driedle)
Approved Users

I don't like the "new" forum at all! HUGE step backwards!

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 9:13 AM 

I don't like the new forum at all. In my opinion, it is a HUGE step backwards in functionality.

One of the reasons I like this forum is that I can find anything in a grand total of two places. When I want to read, I go to the forum, when I want to look at what is for sale, I go to the sales forum. Easy.

One of the great things about having everything on the same page is that I can simply look at anything that looks interesting. I have learned a lot about G-Shocks, even though I probably would not lean over to pick one up on the street...

Orients right now don't interest me at all other than the Royals, but I keep hoping I'll find one that is "right". I won't do that on the new forum...and the less said about non-Japanese watches the better. When I come here, I want to learn about Japanese watches. I don't mind the stuff on "what are you wearing" photos, or even comparisons, but nothing else really. That is why they call it the Seiko-Citizen watch forum.

Too bad. It appears to have been designed by folks who want to compartmentalize everything. One of my Puma forums is the same way...you have to go several places to check on things instead of just one.

Also, having a place for dealers is just bad. I constantly find "dealer inspired or dealer planted" posts on other forums.

There are just not enough people here posting to justify such a complicated thing. I don't care that "the gang is all here."

I appreciate the effort, but the whole exercise looks to me like the the answer to a question that no one asked.

Dave Riedle

Russ Murray - Moderator
(Login Russie)
Approved Users

I can assure you, given the troll posts and subsequents rants that

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 9:21 AM 

followed (which were all very visible btw) we had plenty of questions as to when we were going to adopt new software to host SCWF. It was not an arbitrary decision.

Russ
[linked image]

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)
Approved Users

Dave; if N54 had updated it's software...

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 9:24 AM 

there wouldn't have been a need to change venue.

There are lots of technical reasons why the move was desireable and of course the troll control was becoming a full time job since the software was never intended to handle this sickness.

Change is always difficult; moreso for some sad.gif

I have to admit that even though I'm computer savy and don't have any problems with learning new apps; dropping back here is just like slipping into a favourite pair of shoes happy.gif

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Mike
(Login mmounce)
Approved Users

The new sales forum is a step backwards, but other than that........

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 10:56 AM 

I think the new forum will work out.It will take some time.

Russell Iadanza
(Login east14th)
Approved Users

Mike Your watches would sell, if the pic was on a Stamp lol,

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 6:53 PM 

YOU are the Poster Child for " Buy The Seller" Any time, you get the urge, to lighten your load, Oh ?/ maybe a 6159-7001 LMAO
I could find room with the Other 12 That came from One of the Greatest Collections around>

God knows when I finally Post pics I will get tiered of Saying Yes that Minty 6105-810--Proof/Proof 1970 Yes That was Mikes Second String

When I look I see some of the Most beautiful Seikos I have , were once yours. If I had to bet, I would Bet you will never ever have any Trouble selling a Watch

maybe even a Bridge named after The City of My Youth LOL

Happy Easter and Thank you
BTW I was Gifted for a few weeks a 97% 6159-7001 John W felt he would just make my Year, and It is w/o a doubt the most impressive watch

I have ever held and you know some of my collection It,s been like a Date for a Weekend with HER You know HER Trying to enjoy every min. w/o counting the Time that she has to go, Best Comparison I have

to experiencing this Opportunity.
I am closer though I have a NOS set of Hands all Three All Good things in Time, I never would have thought I would have ever Found The P/P 6105-8110

Yet I have a Beauty Top Shelf so I never give oup Hope, that 6105 did that for me.

Russell Anthany Iadanza

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Approved Users

No problem for this old buzzard to adapt quickly to the new format....

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 1:01 PM 

Over the last year, I joined other forums and had to get used to their formats, and once I did, it was overall painless. The only pain was learning how to insert photos from Photobuckets...but that was all.
Old habits die hard....more so, the older we get! hhahaha! For sure, it is very comforting to to be 'an old dog' and not have to learn new tricks....but in this day and age, like current Japan, we have to think globally to be competitive....no more nice, secure isolated Japan! hahaha!

Mike
(Login mmounce)
Approved Users

Hi Thian ...........

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 1:06 PM 

I just can't figure out how to put a block of pictures in my actual ad instead of having to insert each picture one by one.

I have my pictures hosted at my webspace through my internet provider is this different than photobucket?

very frustrating.

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Approved Users

HI, Mike, sorry I can't help you with that....but likely Gabe or another member as Axel

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 2:16 PM 

can. I think Axel, for instance, uses a certain software (free Irfanview?) whereby he can group any watch images into one photo.
I found a free one too which can insert several chosen photos into one frame, which can be altered for size, bordering colors etc....will add it in this post later soon for you...

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Approved Users

HI, Mike, sorry I can't help you with that....but likely Gabe or another member as Axel

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 2:18 PM 

can. I think Axel, for instance, uses a certain software (free Irfanview?) whereby he can group any watch images into one photo.
I found a free one (from a member) too which can insert several chosen photos into one frame, which can be altered for size, bordering colors etc....will add it in this post later soon for you...

Try going to this link and download free..
www.photoscape.org/

Mike
(Login mmounce)
Approved Users

Thanks Thian. I'll give it a try. (nt)

No score for this post
April 3 2010, 2:34 PM 

nt

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com