Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Some ideas and answers.....

March 21 2002 at 5:18 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 206.239.63.21

Response to Diorama overkill...

I offer these ideas without having done a dio myself, but I have many models in work and plenty of ideas for dios. So here's my take:

Will I have too many vehicles?
I think so. IMO a dio should have no more than 2 vehicles. With the number of models you have and their accesories you will be constructing for quite some time.

Would a workshop far back from the front have this much stuff?
Dunno. If you can find a photo or old video, that will help. However this takes away from your imagination. The whole idea behind a dio is to recreate an "event" so a photo helps here.

Am I suffering from advanced modeller`s syndrome?
Yes. Seek help immediately!

Will my wife kill me for spending so much dough?
Tough question. If your wife is making statements such as, "Why do you spend so much money on toys?", "Why don't you buy ME something?", "You spend more time in your (model) workshop than with me!" "I want flowers!", then it may be too late. You are doomed. You must find that delicate balance between keeping the woman pleased and keeping your addiction (modeling) funded. Good luck.

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse