North Africa dio help...April 8 2002 at 5:06 AM
|Ashley Pitcher (no login)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Have almost completed a dio of a Crusader passing an abandoned or captured Flak 88, around the time of the Gazala battles. The 88 is draped with a tarp partially covering the sheild and part of the barrel in an attempt to break up the guns outline. Can anyone suggest the correct colour(s) of tarps used for this purpose? Looking for a contrast to a desert sand colour if possible, I'm leaning towards a grey colour. Also need info on Afrika Korps ammo boxes, have read somewhere that a wicker basket type of covering may have been used to store or transport shells, can anyone confirm this please?
Also looking for suggestions to illustrate that the position was abandoned quickly, debris etc...
Thanks in advance,
- My 2 cents - Brock Hopkins III on Apr 8, 2002, 5:48 AM
- Tarp color - Glenn Gerson on Apr 8, 2002, 6:08 AM
- 2 things - Rob Plas on Apr 9, 2002, 8:38 AM
- debris - Brian J. Kelly on Apr 9, 2002, 7:31 PM
- Thanks guys. - Ashley Pitcher. on Apr 12, 2002, 10:05 PM
- 88's and wicker. - Kevin J. McNichols on Apr 14, 2002, 4:38 PM