Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Dio Idea for Pak 40 ATG....your suggestions welcome.

April 10 2002 at 5:35 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 206.239.63.21

I figured I offer this dio idea for comments and suggestions. I have not done any research (on the battle of Normandy) yet nor is my idea based on a photo.

The dio "centerpiece" is a 7.5cm Pak 40 ATG. The dio will be an action scene; the gun is under fire. The gun is located behind a stone wall (the wall is probably only 3ft (scale) in height. The stone wall is partially destroyed where the gun barrel sticks out thru the wall. To the right of the gun is a 2-story farm house or barn (the stone wall ends at the corner of the house). On the 2nd floor of the house a grenadier firing his rifle out a window (he acts as a spotter for the gun, but he's being shot at). Scattered around the gun are empty shell cases, projetiles, ammo boxes, and the crews gear (shovels, packs, rifles). There are 3 crewman loading another round into the breech. To the left of the gun is a crater caused by either a mortar or tank round. Near the crater is a dead crewman. In front of the crater but behind the wall is another crewman crouched behind the wall firing his rifle.

My concern is with the crater. How large is the crater diameter for say 60mm or 75mm round? U.S. mortar teams had 60mm mortars in Normandy right? How far should the crater be from the gun? I don't want it to be too far from the gun as blast was to have only killed one crewman and not too close as I would assume the blast were kill all the crew. Of course, if I found a photo depicting such a scene, then I eliminate most of my guesswork.

What do you think? Anyone have any photos? Book recommendations?

There's actually some pertinent threads below somewhat related.

Thanks for your opinions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I like - David Bourland on Apr 10, 2:57 PM
  3. I Like it - Roger Sams on Apr 11, 9:18 AM
    1. Hmmmm... - Steve Coladonato on Apr 12, 3:14 AM

4. yours is something different-nice! - Christopher Calara on Apr 12, 12:20 AM
    1. Respect for the dead..... - Steve Coladonato on Apr 12, 3:21 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse