Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Diorama is very good- with the exception of scene timing

June 2 2003 at 9:14 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 209.49.118.20

Response to Kim's schnell dio is great!!!!

I would agree with the other posters that the diorama is very good. The modeling, figuring, and terrain designs really catch the viewers eye both with the action and the detail.

However, I think the diorama does come up short in one detail- the timing of the scene.

My impression is that we are catching a rescue scene in the middle of a battle. The PzKW IV has just been knocked out and the crew is escaping. A Sdfz 251 shows up on the scene to provide covering fire as the panzer crew escapes.

The overall details support this conclusion, but the problem is with the modelling of the PzKW IV. Based upon the number of open hatches (e.g., the transmission hatches) and the stuff scattered about (e.g., unused 75mm shells, gear, and jerry cans)- it appears as though this panzer was hit and abandoned for quite some time. The appearance is that the panzer has already been investigated by battlefield vultures looking for spare parts and kick-knacks, and if that were the case this scene would have happened long before....

It would have limited the open display of the PzKW IV, but in my opinion a better scene would have resulted in closed transmission hatches and making the scene look as though the crew had not been hanging around for sometime before the rescue.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. true but - - dave swann on Jun 3, 5:35 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse