Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Just saw photo of bunker just after invasion

October 16 2009 at 1:01 PM
  (Login J.Clifford)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 192.231.71.2

Response to Atlantic wall Longues Battery diorama question

In all the photos of the bunkers which housed the canon that I have seen until today, they were all well-post-war and the bunkers looked like "barrows" with mounds of dirt piled up neatly on both sides of the bunker. Today I have seen a photo that shows that just after D-Day, a few months at least, on the bunker which houses the only full gun and shield today, that the east side of the bunker there was NO DIRT piled up. In fact, the base of what appears to be the foundation is showing and contrary to a "barrow" mound, there is actually a low spot there.

I got the image in a powerpoint show someone sent to me. Being new and not really caring about how Powerpoint works (until today) I tried but could not extract the image or I would post it here for you. If you can send me an e-mail address in the next two hours I can send the power point show to you. Other wise you will have to wait until about the 25th.
Cliff

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Cliff here's my e-mail - Brock Beckstedt on Oct 20, 6:04 AM
    1. sorry cliff got pic's - Brock Beckstedt on Oct 20, 6:06 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse