Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Need help with book recommendation ...

January 10 2017 at 12:26 AM
Nanond Nopparat  (Login nopparat)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 202.44.4.251

Hi,

I'm looking for some books that provide information (photos) about architecture in Europe during early 20th century, WWI and WWII.

Let me try to explain my problem. Not being from, nor living in Europe, I found it's hard to create a building from a few photos. I know there are differences in architecture and details of building in different part of a country e.g. northern France and southern France. I want to be able to incorporate such details into my diorama so it can tell more story about the scene. I want to learn about those small details like pattern of stone street, patterns and placement of manhole cover, fountain in the street, styles of telegraph and utility poles, and also the architectural features in different part/country in Europe.

I know this this will require a library of its own, but perhaps you guys can give me a starting point. Something like handbook or French village during WWII...would be great if one exist.

Thank you very much.

Nanond Nopparat

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Internet - Andrew Deeley on Jan 10, 2017, 11:51 AM
    1. ditto ! - jerry rutman on Jan 13, 2017, 7:41 AM
    2. Thanks for very useful advises - Nanond Nopparat on Jan 15, 2017, 9:03 AM
    3. Thanks to you too, Jerry:) - Nanond Nopparat on Jan 15, 2017, 9:04 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse