Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Dio Snow

August 27 2001 at 2:59 PM
Lynn Kessler  (no login)
from IP address 63.42.156.196

Response to Diorama Snow

See my article in MilMod, vol. 31, no. 6, May 2001, on the Chosin Reservoir. I use Microballons mixed into acrylic flat medium from Liqitex. You mix it to the consistancy of thick plaster, about a 1/4 Dixie cupful at a time, and apply it with a 1/4" wide flat brush. This allow much more control -- and deeper coverage -- than the white glue/sprinkled microballons method. You can push it wherever you want, layer it if you like, form it around tracks, tires and fenceposts, and if you don't like the results, you can start over again by removing the layer with the same wet brush. And it NEVER yellows or flakes off.

Lynn Kessler

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. what if I wanna just have small amounts? - dave swann on Aug 27, 2001, 6:11 PM
    1. melted snow and slush - john gauerke on Aug 27, 2001, 7:14 PM
      1. thanks john - I will try H & A snow! n/t - dave swann on Aug 27, 2001, 8:59 PM
    2. Same deal - Lynn Kessler on Aug 27, 2001, 9:23 PM
      1. Exactly what products do you use and where do you get them? - Danny Egan on Aug 28, 2001, 5:19 AM
        1. Where to get the products - Lynn Kessler on Aug 28, 2001, 6:05 PM
          1. Make that "Matte" Medium - Lynn Kessler on Aug 28, 2001, 6:06 PM
          2. Thanks a million (n/t) - Danny Egan on Aug 29, 2001, 4:48 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse