Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tell me if I'm Crazy.

December 12 2001 at 4:42 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 205.188.192.167

Hi, I'm currently toying with the idea of buildong several small dioramas that , when displayed together, will tell history. I spent nine years in the US Army as a Military Policeman and thought I would build one diorama for each of the major, and some of the minor conflicts that MP's have been involved in starting with thier inception to the present. I will need any and all the help/information possible to pull this off. Is there someplace besides the Great Model Webstore and my local hobby shop where I can get some of the stuff I'll need? By the way, yhis will all be in 1/35 scale. I thought I'd call it "Standing The Test Of Time". Thanks. Joe

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

You're not crazy...

December 12 2001, 5:23 PM 

...but it sounds like a pretty ambitious project. You could pretty much trace the history from the Marechaussee troops of the American Revolution to the MPs involved in today's conflict.

You may have to use 54mm figures to cover some of the eras, but I don't think the slight difference in scale would detract between dioramas

Good luck!

Bob

Respond to this message   

(no login)

"stuff"

December 12 2001, 11:39 PM 

"there someplace besides the Great Model Webstore and my local hobby shop where I can get some of the stuff I'll need? "

THere are a plethora of sites out there. Here's a few:

www.rjproductions.com
www.discountmodels.com
www.scalemodelindex.com (a great starting place!)

Look for the site for Verlinden products.

Steve

Respond to this message   

(no login)

well, maybe...

December 13 2001, 12:56 AM 

..but I think not yet completely.
Sounds like an ambitious project, but with a very good idea that will keep you interested all the way!

If I may give one word of advice: try not to work on all the little diorama's at the same time. It is so easy to get bogged down in 20 different projects, working on all of them but never finishing one.
Instead, be very hard to yourself, start with one or maximum two, finish these and only then proceed to the next. You will see that it is so much more rewarding if you actually finish something from time to time... But it can be hard, because I think most of us have more idea's then time to build them...

And this I find the beauty of your idea: you work on one project with one theme, but still you can break it down easily in managable parts. Please take advantage of it!
Good luck, and sorry for sounding so much like "the old wise man who knows everything"!

Marijn

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thanks

December 17 2001, 5:27 PM 

Thanks for all the advice so far. Look forward to hearing some more, and will update as possible on progress. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Thanks again. Joe

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Building on a theme...

December 21 2001, 9:27 AM 

Joe,

I've gone off on a theme binge recently and eventually, I came up with this:

http://www.mortarsinminiature.com

I don't know how extensive you want to get into your "collection", but I feel that I've succeeded somewhat in telling a/my history 'story'.

Good luck, have fun!

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Tell me if I'm Crazy.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse