Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The best cammo nets?

May 26 2002 at 8:56 AM
Phil Fisher  (no login)
from IP address 203.109.252.14

Who makes the best, most realistic cammo nets for AFVs in 1:35 scale that you can still get. I've tried Verlinden, are they the best? Or can you make or improvise your own somehow?

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve Coladonato
(no login)

Make Your Own!

May 28 2002, 9:33 AM 

Its fairly easy to do and doesn't cost much.

Most modelers use medical gauze which you can get at any drug store and white glue. Pull the layers of gauze apart and dip them in a white glue/water (50/50)mixture. Place on the tank and shape it a little. Let dry.

You can add tea leaves to the "wet gauze" for modern armor netting.

Once the netting is dry, airbrush or paint as needed.

One bit of advice it to soak the medical gauze in coffee (to make it brown) or paint it brown. This way you avoid seeing little specks of white since painting doesn't always get into the recesses of the netting.

As usually, experiment first to get the results you need. You may want to change the mixture ratio.

Shot me an email as a reminder. I have a brief article on this is done, but its at home.

Respond to this message   
Kevin J. MNichols
(no login)

make your own cammo netting

June 8 2002, 5:04 PM 

the technique I like to use is to dilute the color I want and soak the entire piece of gauze in it. Ring it out and let it dry a bit and do it again. by using sucessive "dunkings" you can achieve the color you want or even a variation of color on the single piece. I use the same trick with my tarps made from tissue. watewr based paints work best because succesive "dunkings" keep tem pliant until they dry completely.

Respond to this message   
Phil Fisher
(no login)

I tried the Custom Dioramics one and it sucked

June 20 2002, 11:55 PM 

I ordered the Custom Dioramics desert commo net on the phone and couldn't believe it when it arrived. It's just a bit of cheese cloth. Just a small bit of regular cheese cloth. It wouldn't have been so bad if they gave you a lot but it's probably less than a dollar's worth. For about six bucks!
What a jip!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse