Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dragon Wagon Diorama FINALLY FINISHED!!

June 14 2002 at 1:30 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 12.225.5.149

I started this project two months ago or so and this evening I finally put the final brush strokes on it! Good timing too, the contest I wanted to enter it in is happening in less than two days.... :^)

The base is roughly 3 feet by 1.5 feet.

The plaque shown in the first picture says...

"France - July, 1944.

A tank recovery crew arrives and prepares to tow away a destroyed Sherman. They soon learn however that this American tank has become much more to the liberated people of this small French town.
Two days earlier this tank and it's crew helped to liberate this town, but their bravery turned to sacrifice when they were struck down by the retreating Axis forces. Since that day the remaining people of this burned and battered place have treated this tank as a memorial to the men who died to free them from the oppression of the Nazi forces.
They have covered the tank with flowers, bottles of wine and silk hair ribbons to show their respect and gratitude to the young men who gave their lives to win their freedom. Among the writing painted on the tank by the thankful population are the words Reposer des soldats courageux; rest courageous soldiers."

I spent a lot of time on this diorama, probably more than I have ever spent on a dio. I don't think I am going to be in a big hurry to work on anything very big anytime soon... Frankly, I have no idea as to where I am going to put this! Guess I should have thought of that earlier... :^)

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

NICE !!!!!!

June 14 2002, 5:42 AM 

Hi,

Well this is what i call a DIOrama. But as what i can see of the pictures you did some good painting job on it.. Nicely wheatered 2

But what did you use for the concrete panels at the side of the water, and what bridge did u use ?

Raymond

Respond to this message   

(no login)

The base...

June 14 2002, 8:35 AM 

except for the buildings, the base is entirely scratch built. The bridge is made from basswood.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Nice to see it finished

June 14 2002, 6:22 AM 

Great diorama. Great vehicles. Great painting of figures and a great idea. Its nice to see the finished article. But it was impressive even in the stages you have shown before. But I think 2 months is not too long for such an article. Even if you feel this, it was a 2 months well spent!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Great job!

June 16 2002, 2:09 PM 

That took you only 2 months what it would take me 2 years to do! Really great work there.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Sweet dio

June 23 2002, 3:40 PM 

Hey Dana! Great job, I really like the Sherman and base. Which Sherman kit did you use and where did you get the civvies from?

Barry

God save the Union!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

You're Kidding!

June 25 2002, 8:37 AM 

Two months???? No way! I couldn't do that in a year.

You must have worked around the clock.

The figures are awesome! I hope you will do an article on this dio. I think it's great and a really good story too.

What Sherman did you use. Very nice.

I'm betting this will blow the other entries out of the water at your contest.

Are there pics of your other work somewhere on the web?

Steve

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Dragon Wagon Diorama FINALLY FINISHED!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse