Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Weathering- what else to do after washes & dry-brushing???

July 17 2003 at 2:12 AM
Mark Morgan  (no login)
from IP address 203.97.2.243

Gidday

As the message title says what are some other "things" I can do to make a HEAVILY weathered vehicle and in what order. Is there anything else apart from rust, scratches, mud, black exhaust marks, dents and combat damage ????

I am doing a winter dio involving 2 AFV's with individual winter white-washes. I have just put a very dark brown wash on a Nebelwerfer. What's next??? and in what order????

Please note that I live in New Zealand and can only purchase humbrol and tamiya paints easily. Cheers, Mark

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bart Campbell
(no login)

Winter camo weathering

July 17 2003, 8:44 AM 

If you are doing vehs with a winter camo wash applied a great techinque is to dry brush the original veh colour over the winter wash. The winter wash will naturally come off in time in the field and will start to wear off on the edges. This will give your veh a fadded paint look.

Bart.

Respond to this message   
Steve Kansa
(Login SteveKansa)
Missing-Lynx members

I know...

July 25 2003, 7:38 AM 

Kiwi! Add lots and lots of Kiwi! Just Kidding, there are a couple of things that you could try. Please keep in mind though that one of the things that happens all too often is that people try and make a mediocre model into a 'winner' by weathering it MORE. Don't good clean construction is a must. No blobs of glue, no mold seams, etc. Another thing is that getting better at your existing techniques will advance your skills far more than any particular product will. Learning good techniques for paint chips is a big one. Mixing your Humbrol colors to produce a dark grayish brown and applied carefully (it's gonna take a while so don't rush) makes nice worn paint see the gallery for where people put this stuff. Product wise ordering some of Mig's pigments from Mission Models might be the additional product you are looking for. They really are fun to work with and have tons of uses. Just don't flick the Black Smoke on your light colored shirt and shorts; it doesnt come out too well...or so I've heard...!HTH- Steve

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse