Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

normandy dio with civilian truck

March 26 2004 at 6:06 PM
Chris Pineo  (no login)
from IP address 24.18.49.42

Hi all. I am doing a Normandy diorama and want to include an old farm truck next to a hedgrow. Does anyone know of a company that makes trucks used by civilians in France. If not I was thinking of converting on Opel Blitz. What do you think.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

if any!

March 26 2004, 9:13 PM 

I would have thought that the Germans would have commandeered everything on wheels, long before 1944. I'd be interested in knowing what's around, `though, with a view to painting it up as in German use.

Robin

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Civilian trucks

March 27 2004, 4:38 AM 

You might want to represent a truck from the late 20's or early 30's. Like the response before this one, the Germans would have commandeered most every wheeled vehicle (with a possible exception of the very old and nearly worn out vehicles).

Go to Ebay, look under models (autos). Type in 1/32 in the search parameter box(the closest to 1/35 scale in cars & trucks will be 1/32 scale). There are quite a few car models there in 1/32 scale from the time period you need.

~Mark~

Respond to this message   

(no login)

plenty of civilian vehicles csn be made from

March 27 2004, 11:21 AM 

hi if you buy the eastern express gaz a or aa or aaa , with a little research you can convert into anyone of over 100 civilian makes of vehicles from 1928 to 39 , like ford a , or bedford , or opel i ton , or chevy i ton , more obscure are bean or standard or morris commercial. i did a research project on this very item and it was published in tankette a while back ,i do not have copy as it was lost when my comutor crashed last year , but it is out there on the net on several sites cheers ian

Respond to this message   

(no login)

your lucky day

March 27 2004, 11:30 AM 

hi a mate just turned up and had his copy on him , i have now loaded it yet again if you want the list of vehicles and makes just drop me an e mail and mark it toko conversions , i will gladly send it to you cheers ian ps it is up to you to search out the ref photos needed it is only a list ian

Respond to this message   
Chris Pineo
(no login)

Thanks guys

March 27 2004, 12:01 PM 

Thanks for all the input guys. I was going to have the truck ruined and rusted out with wheels missing and such so I do have to worry about German interference. I am going for the look of that truck cab in the Band of Brothers Day of Days movie when the company is attacking the 105s at Brecort Manner. If I cannot find a sutable truck I will propably just convert an Opel into a ford or something.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Thanks guys

April 9 2004, 2:28 AM 

As mentioned by Ian the Eastern Express GAZ-AA is a very suitable kit. There are lots of pictures of restored Ford AAs on the net so it should not be a problem with converting it.
The kit comes with seperate rubber wheels so it will be easy to make it without them for the "wreck mode".

Tony E.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Could I have that list too?

March 28 2004, 11:27 PM 

Hi Ian,

Could you sent that list in my e-mail?

Best regards,
Kimmo Siika

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Azimut makes several french civil veh...

April 14 2004, 9:35 AM 

And some other french manufacturers do Peugeot, renault...
Try fench sites like Blast model, where you can order them.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - normandy dio with civilian truck
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse