Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What Can I Use to Make 120mm Elephant Grass?

July 5 2001 at 8:24 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 209.247.53.140

I read the "Vietnam Mud and Elephant Grass" post below.

Paintbrush bristles may work for 1/35th scale but for my 120mm figure, the camouflage stripes I painted are a bit thicker (about 1mm) so this requires thicker "grass."

I was thinking of using the tinsel leaves of fake Christmas trees. However, they're not tapered and are hair-thin.

I'm willing to entertain ideas....and it doesn't have to look like Elephant Grass either.

Also, how does one attach the grass to a plastic base? I was thinking of bending the bottom into a right angle and supergluing it to the base and then add a thin layer of putty mud (what type of putty?) on top to seal it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Pete

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

elephant grass

July 6 2001, 12:11 AM 

uhm...
a very big paintbrush?

Contact glue shoul do nicely to glue the grass:
just put a dab on the base, take a bunch of whatever U use and stick it in. than another dab alongside the previous one and so forth.

Pascal

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What Can I Use to Make 120mm Elephant Grass?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse