Home > Discussion Groups > Dioramas

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78970&messageid=1113823195
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

11th Armur Div.

August 24 2001 at 6:39 PM
  (Login martyn_hoare)
from IP address 62.252.64.5

Hello,

Can someone tell me,tell me were i can find out serial numbers for Churchill tanks around the Carpiquet area,Which was a rail/marshaling yard near caen. Also around Scheldt area. These towns were both taking by the British. I need to know the serial number of any churchill tank around these to towns.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Can't really help you, but some additional info...

August 25 2001, 1:34 AM 

Carpiquet is (stil)a small airfield near Cean, and the Scheldt (or Schelde as it's called here) isn,t a town but a river estuary. The towns surrounding this river are Antwerp (Belgium) and Bergen op Zoom, Goes and Middelburg on the isle of Walcheren.
The battles for liberating the estuary so the Antwerp harbour could be used were fierce. The villages called Woensdrecht and Hoogerheide were destroyed completely.
The battles for Walcheren were a long, slow going in muddy, flat terrain.
Jakko Westerbeeke lives there in the neighbourhood and is probarly able to tell you a lot more about it.
hth
Rob
PS: Within a few months I will upload a series of pictures of the area, but I'm waiting for the weather to turn bad, so conditions will be similar as in 1944.

Respond to this message   
martyn hoare
(Login martyn_hoare)

Untitled

August 25 2001, 1:41 AM 

thanks!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

See the General discussion group

August 25 2001, 7:19 AM 

Martyn, I've posted my reply to your question in the other group you posted it in, but Rob is right that I live in the area, so if you have some questions about Walcheren and/or the fighting here back in 1944, I can probably give you an answer unless you're asking for too much detail

BTW, Rob: waiting a few months will also get rid of all the tourists who'd make your photos look decidedly unlike 1944

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Walcheren

August 25 2001, 11:06 AM 

Jakko, is there any chance we can do a tour together, as your knowledge of the area is far more greater thrn mine?
and btw, sorry for misspelling your last name.
Cheers
Rob

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Check your e-mail...

August 26 2001, 1:38 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login martyn_hoare)

thanks all

August 25 2001, 2:42 PM 

Hello,

Thanks this time all. The Scheldt/walcheren regions part was helpful, I would like to see some pics for a future dio if u want? No I know a bit more about whats going on, this is wot im gonna do:

First of all the americans were meant to get this town called Cassino, they failed the british paras came in and failed but the canadians didnt. Im having a rotting churchill mk7 from the previous attack, whilst a canadian scrounges ammo for his new M1A1 from the American.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 11th Armur Div.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse