Return to Index  

Are you sure your bar stock didn't come from a bloom or a slab?

August 23 2005 at 7:47 PM
Quackenbush  (Login DAQ)
YC

Response to Billet

You make your lever from 1018 cold rolled bar stock. If you were making it from a billet it would have a hot rolled surface, which would look ugly, and it wouldn't have square corners; because a billet is a semi-finished piece of steel.

Why don't you tell your customers that you make it from solid bar stock not a sheet metal forming, as the factory makes it.

The edit is that I forgot to answer the premise. Billets are square and the flat stock that's used for the levers was made from a slab. The slab is rolled and, as it keeps getting wider & thinner, it's sheared in half, then the halves are rolled wider & thinner. This goes on until the desired thickness is reached.

This message has been edited by DAQ on Aug 23, 2005 8:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.