Return to Index  

Gamo Match, the demise of another good pellet

January 23 2010 at 12:35 PM
Jim in PGH  (Login 144man)
YF12

I recently purchased two identical blister packs of Gamo assorted pellets from a big box sporting goods store, and was sorry to discover that the classic Gamo Match pellet has changed. These pictures are from nearly identical tins, the only outside difference is the label on the back, which unfortunately can't be seen in the blister pack. Both of these came off the same rack, and both tins still say Made in Spain, but the new ones look very much like the Chinese Daisy wadcutters.

The new pellet is on the left, and the old one on the right. New ones have a visible mold line in the head, shallower scoring on the skirt, and a cup-shaped rear end, as opposed to the funnel-shaped original. Head diameter is the same at .176. The new skirts measure .188 as opposed to .185 for the old ones. The new ones are .216 long, as opposed to .202 for the old ones. Also, the old ones were relatively clean and dry, and the new ones are oily and leave your fingers black. They actually dieseled even in a mild IZH60.

This is a shame, since I have several guns that liked the old ones. It's especially bad because there's no way of knowing which ones you are buying without opening the tin.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.