Return to Index  

Replacing the seals in an S410 fill valve...

November 29 2010 at 5:52 AM

Ken H.  (Login tommyatkins)
YF

Recently I had air leak issues with my S410 carbine. Ordered a seal replacement kit from Jim Stanis at Precision Airguns and Supplies. What I received was a packet from Air Arms labeled 'P/N S700 Export Pack'. It contained all the seals used on an S410 except the Firing Valve Body Seal and the gauge sealing ring.
The fill valve has 4 'O' ring seals. The two 'O' rings that seal the fill fitting(P/N S474)can be changed without disassembling. The Male Connection 'O' ring P/N S484 and the fill valve 'O' ring P/N S327(S328 on diagram)require disassembly for replacement.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

The Male adaptor P/N S472 has a 'flat' machined onto it to accept a wrench.Ideally, the spanner wrench would serve as a 'backup wrench' but my home made spanner was not up to the job. The Male Adaptor was tightened so tightly that I had to clamp the Filling Valve body in a wood lined vise to loosen.
The existing gasket on the fill valve (P/N S327or S328)needed to be cut off as I couldn't get it off any other way. Here's a close-up of the valve without the seal.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.