Return to Index  

JSB vs Predator Test .25

May 7 2011 at 11:06 PM

(Login V10Rich)
YF

I tried a penetration and damage assessment test tonight to try and gauge these two .25 pellets. The distance was 25 yards. The weapon of choice was an Air Arms S510. The first test I used a tub of plumbers putty and fired one JSB 25.4 grain pellet. It penetrated to a depth of 2 3/4 inches with a width of 7/8 inches. I needed to fire 2 Predator pellets since I was not happy with the first shot. The second shot was cleaner and produced a depth of 2 3/16 inches and a much wider 1 1/4 inch entry hole. After extracting the pellets both Predator tips came loose half way through the hole. They maintained there original shape but seperated from the pellet cleanly. The bottom of the holes were 50% wider from the Predators where the pellets stopped. Results were 9/16 of an inch more penetration from the JSB and the Predator had the larger entry of 6/16.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

JSB right side.
Predators top and left.

Next up a Melon and the pictures are self explanatory.

JSB bottom entry
Predator entry on Top

The exit hole of the Predator is significantly larger. In my opinion I give the win to the Predator and will be ordering a few more tins.

Big Red1
Airborne all the way

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.