I have a question about regulated guns.....March 2 2012 at 8:20 AM
Eric (Login TrapdoorSpydr)
I know that shot count on a regulated gun increases for any given fill pressure. Why?? Does hammer bounce get negated because the air available for the one shot is only getting used, not the main tank? If turning the hammer spring tension down on my Royale to go from 920 to say 900 fps, will my shot count on the reg increase? Or does the reg get a metered amount of air and what you do with it is your business. I thought because this reg is preset, I would get a fixed amount of shots, and shot speed would not change that.
Winds light and variable!
- My scientific guess is that, when regulated,... - Phil on Mar 2, 2012, 8:36 AM
- mix of fact and fiction - DaveG on Mar 2, 2012, 8:38 AM
- You get your shot count advantage from a reg because... - Scott in CO on Mar 2, 2012, 9:48 AM
- Let me take a stab at this. - Doug T on Mar 2, 2012, 10:34 AM
- Hammer bounce impacts the efficiency of regulated guns much the same... - Steve in NC on Mar 2, 2012, 10:47 AM
- shot count should increase with lowering power... - john on Mar 2, 2012, 11:05 AM
- Simpler - robert on Mar 2, 2012, 10:53 PM