Return to Index  

Rifle cases for airline travel

March 2 2012 at 6:26 PM
Jerry L  (Login glr59)
YF

OK I know I'm REALLY early thinking about travel this coming FT season but I want to be prepared and as safe as possible. I have a Marauder rifle and pistol I may be traveling with and I've found a pelican 1750 case and an SKB with what they call bunk bed storage. If I purchased the pelican I would get the solid foam and cut out the foam to fit the rifle and pistol. For the people that have these style cases does one system work better then the other and would you buy the same case again?
I'm a complete newbie to gun travel and I'm going to have a lot of questions as the FT season gets started. My local Gander Mountain has both cases so I can compare side by side along with a plano bone collector but I wasn't impressed with that case.

thanks for the info
Jerry L.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.