Return to Index  

Walther Talon Hunter w/Nitro Piston .22

March 11 2012 at 8:05 PM
  (Login ar6man)
YF

This post is mainly for Nomadic Pirate... lol

After a discussion about the merits of the Talon vs. the Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 the other day here on the yellow, I thought I'd take my Talon out today and see if I was missing something. Turns out I wasn't missing anything. Compared to the Benji it just wasn't comfortable for me to shoot and this was affecting accuracy to a noticeable degree. I got to thinking about it and figured out that the butt pad to trigger distance is just too long for me. I removed the rubber pad and cut off everything but the base part of the pad that fits directly onto the butt of the stock. Eurika! The rifle fits me perfectly now! A bonus is that the butt stock wraps comfortably around my shoulder and under my arm securely. The groups tightened up signficantly. I was able to reach out and touch my 2.5" swinger at 35 yards very effectively offhand. I still prefer the Benji, but the gap went from wide to very narrow. All in all, this weekend was very productive! I managed to learn the secrets of two of my rifles I hadn't shot as much as others in the cabinet. They'll come out much more now....

Charlie

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.